By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wario, Daisy, and Waluigi; Where'd they come from?

Tagged games:

From Nintendo dur! But no what I mean is what game specifically did each originate from? Every other character in games like Mario Kart/Party have come from a different game, usually a mainline one, but I've never seen Daisy, Wario, n Waluigi in a mainline Mario game or even a story driven spinoff like Paper Mario or Mario & Luigi. Only in party n sports games have I ever seen em, hence I know nothing of their backgrounds and I'm led to believe they were made only to fill up character slots in the aforementioned games. Is that true, or perhaps they were in games that predates my time or in ones that I simply never looked at? And I know Wario has his WarioWare series going for him but I thought that first came out on DS? Perhaps I'm wrong, idk, tis why I'm asking you all! ^_^

Around the Network

Wario comes from WarioLand and it was supposed to be the evil alter ego of Mario, hence the inverted M on his hat.

Waluigi doesn't get a game for himself ;_; It's so sad.

RolStoppable said:
Daisy was the princess Mario had to save in Super Mario Land.
Wario was the villain in Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins and the hero in Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land.
Waluigi first appeared in Mario Tennis on the Nintendo 64, so he's actually a character made to fill up a slot.

Bingo. The Princess of Sarasaland, the anti-Mario (rumor has it that R&D made Wario because they were mad that they were being made to make Mario games, since Mario was EAD's thing, not theirs, so they made a gross pastiche of Mario), and the anti-Luigi just to fill up a roster space.

Mario Tennis also brought back Birdo and Baby Mario, though.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

i wish they would re create mario land 2... that game was awesome... but multiply the stages to 5 folds

Wright said:
Wario comes from WarioLand and it was supposed to be the evil alter ego of Mario, hence the inverted M on his hat.

What's even sadder still is that he wasn't in MK7. =[

But yeah thanks guys! The Land games predate my time so that explains that. I wish they'd show up in more main series game, as saving a princess that isn't Peach from an enemy that isn't Bowser would be a nice change every now and then.

Around the Network

If you guys want a Waluigi game, try Psycho Waluigi. Its a non nintendo freeware game but its pretty fantastic :P

Einsam_Delphin said:
Wright said:

But yeah thanks guys! The Land games predate my time so that explains that. I wish they'd show up in more main series game, as saving a princess that isn't Peach from an enemy that isn't Bowser would be a nice change every now and then.

Waluigi would be AWESOME as a character in Mortal Kombat!

richardhutnik said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Wright said:

You know I meant Mario Kart 7 you silly. :P

Einsam_Delphin said:
richardhutnik said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Wright said:

You know I meant Mario Kart 7 you silly. :P

I am old school.  Everyone knows MK is short for Mortal Kombat!  But, but, you say... MK is a karting game.  I do agree! (and GoW is short for Gears of War!)

richardhutnik said:

I am old school.  Everyone knows MK is short for Mortal Kombat!  But, but, you say... MK is a karting game.  I do agree! (and GoW is short for Gears of War!)

Come now, MK can be context-sensitive. 9 times out of 10 it's pretty obvious which game is being referred to.