By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Level editor in next 3D Mario?

Tagged games:

If Miiverse is any indication, lots of people out there that are really creative. One aspect I really like about Minecraft in particular is the user generated content.

And the gamepad would be useful in sorting those pieces.

I think it would be a really good darn idea and would keep people enjoying it for a long time. When you release 1 3D Mario per gen usually anyways, I mean why not? Nintendo has too many software droughts already why not rather make the games last for a longer period of time through the users themselves?

Super Mario Unlimited and whatnot.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network

I think a level editor in NSMBU would have made more sense, designing a level in 2D is easier than in 3D
(Source: I actually made some decent levels with the NSMBW "Reggie" level editor whereas I suck with every 3D level editor I've come across so far)

KHlover said:
I think a level editor in NSMBU would have made more sense, designing a level in 2D is easier than in 3D
(Source: I actually made some decent levels with the NSMBW "Reggie" level editor whereas I suck with every 3D level editor I've come across so far)

Maybe not everyone, but if some people can make Pushmo puzzles so well, I'd say they have some good level designers there.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

I never really got into Little Big Planet, but I hear this feature is the best aspect of that series. It really should be a feature for Nintendo to work into their platformers as well now that they have somewhat better online integration. You'd probably get some crazy level design similar to the custom edited hardcore Mario ROMs.

Maybe 2D level editor...

3D just sounds super complicated.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Around the Network
Otakumegane said:
KHlover said:

Maybe not everyone, but if some people can make Pushmo puzzles so well, I'd say they have some good level designers there.

Pushmo is a 2.5D puzzle game, I don't think you can compare creating a Pushmo puzzle with creating a 3D Mario stage. The latter is FAR more complex.

pezus said:
I heard level creating was boring... *cough*

And it is. But playing created levels is another story :P

BaldrSkies said:
I never really got into Little Big Planet, but I hear this feature is the best aspect of that series. It really should be a feature for Nintendo to work into their platformers as well now that they have somewhat better online integration. You'd probably get some crazy level design similar to the custom edited hardcore Mario ROMs.

Considering how bad the platforming is in LBP (even its sequel) its not suprisingh. Media molecule sacrificed the fun of the main game for the creative features of the game and it takes hours at the very least to produce something enjoyable that isn't a bomb survival in that game.The more fun ones tend to not even be focused on platforming. I want Mario to be fun before its innovative. Especially considering 3D is much harder than 2D. I do think they could consider rereleasing NSMBU with a level editor since they were already experimenting with that coin editor.

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

I love creating levels! I love level editors! I don't know how many hours I spent with the SSB Brawl lever editor (and boy, was that a basic, rude level editor!), let alone the Far Cry one. I would embrace this option in a new Mario game. I could spent my daily routine creating maps for others to enjoy :3

I like the idea.

I think any game would benefit from having a level editor.

I LOVE ICELAND!