By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Where is Ecco the Dolphin!?

Tagged games:

As the title says, whatever happened with the Ecco series? Why hasn't Sega made another game yet? Those genesis games were some of my all time favorites, and not just because you played as a dolphin, though yes that is a big reason of course hehe. They're simple unique one of a kind games, with setting, gameplay, and atmosphere that's all their own, atleast I haven't seen any games like it during the 10+ years after the game's release. Course I haven't seen every game in existence so I could be wrong here, but I highly doubt you play as a time traveling sea mamal trying to save the earth from aliens n what have you in any other game. So anywhos, anyone know why Sega hasn't at least remade the games? My mouth just froths imagining how awesome it'd look in HD. ^_^

Around the Network

http://www.gamespot.com/the-big-blue/videos/tides-of-time-the-uncertain-future-of-ecco-the-dolphin-6407299/

You know those tuna nets? Yeah...

RolStoppable said:

My memory is a bit blurry, but I think the Ecco series ended with an abysmal sequel on a console after the Genesis.

EDIT: Actually, the game wasn't bad, so what happened is that gaming "grew up".

Was on the Dreamcast, wasn't bad but nothing on the original ecco, even Tides of Time wasn't really that good compared to the original.

@RolStoppable:
Impossble, Nintendo still exist. :P

@Wright:
Video or whatever it is in the link wont work for me. Do you think you could summarize it?

@forest-spirit:
lolz

Around the Network

He was last seen failing to get Kickstarted.

on Wii shop channel

@badgenome:
Well that's unfortunate. My question remains unanswered though. =[

@sethnintendo:
Those are just ports, which unfortunately don't make use of the analogue stick.

badgenome said:

that should tell the op all that he needs 2 know/end of thread. lol

oldschoolfool said:
badgenome said:

that should tell the op all that he needs 2 know/end of thread. lol

Maybe it should... but it doesn't. :P