By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - BEYOND: Two Souls INSANE TRAILER

Tagged games:

I JUST SHAT MY PANTS, gonna add that I seriously got tears ALL OVER MY FACE and shivers like MAD! OMG

Main differences to Heavy Rain:

• Mostly 3rd person camera. Slightly directed and sways a bit to points of high interest, but never too far away from the character
  • Walking/running entirely realized with the left analogue stick. No more R2 tank controls like Heavy Rain
  • Interacting with objects is still on the right stick, but no weird motions required anymore and everything can be triggered with an up/down flick
  • Combat also works around this idea, effectively making the need to remember all the buttons irrelevant
  • Different difficulty settings just like Heavy Rain, hardest one requires more inputs or has stricter timing, easy mode (for non-gamers) streamlines most of it
  • During 90% of the game you can switch at any point to Aiden (the entity) by pressing the triangle button
  • You solve puzzles with Aiden by manipulating the environment and possessing people. You control him freely with both sticks like a first person camera
  • Dialogue choices just like Heavy Rain, combined with branching paths and multiple endings
  • There are several free-roaming areas where you can use vehicles and horses to explore your environment freely
  • Fight scenes only use the right analogue stick and general action scenes require direct input (e.g. running through a forest while chased and you have to find a way out)

Around the Network

Looks awesome indeed. Hoping for a PS4 version.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Attoyou said:

Ya tell me about it. This game looks really good, but I'm planning to sell my ps3 for a ps4 or xbox infinity and this game comes out pretty close to their release dates. I might just get beyond as my last game this gen then though, not sure.

Hype level is critical right now and those features sound a lot more open than I thought which is great. Heavy Rain is one of the few games in my permanent collection and I've got the steel book collector's edition pre-ordered.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

The trailer is truly amazing.

Around the Network

Has that livestream already happened? also amazing trailer day1

Looks to be shaping up nicely :)

pezus said:
Dat horse scene!

And hope you didnt miss this

• There are several free-roaming areas where you can use vehicles and horses to explore your environment freely

mind = blown

CGI-Quality said:
I told you people this would clear The Last Of Us's visuals. Of course, it will be between the two of them for this gen's final offerings of best looking games within it, but I never expected 3EYOND to look that good.

TLOU and Beyond will be close, but I still think GoWA might take the win due to the -kind- of game it is.

Meh CGI: Let's just agree that all three are in the competition and this year is shaping out to a fucking crazy year.

CGI-Quality said:
Attoyou said:

There won't be a PS4 version. I'll have to find the article, but Cage already confirmed it, and good for him. New console, new game.

I thought they said fairly recently that they were considering it.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords