By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rol and superchunk is NOT too pleased with the new 3DS Zelda *Formerly known as - I'm sure Rol alone will make Zelda: aLttP2 a success*

Tagged games:

How will Rol react to the new Zelda game for the 3DS?

He'll hate the 2.5D! 11 12.36%

He'll hate the use of 3D in a 2D Zelda! 10 11.24%

He won't even notice this news... 2 2.25%

He'll make a thread about it... 6 6.74%

He'll buy it, play it an... 4 4.49%

He'll buy over 9000 copies of it!! 6 6.74%

Why haven't anyone made ... 7 7.87%

Rol for president!! 8 8.99%

Rol who? 27 30.34%

What's a Zelda? 8 8.99%

Total:89

So, Rol has been wanting a 2D Zelda for ages now - and Nintendo finally listened! Today Nintendo announced a new Zelda game that is set in the same world (and therefor same timeline) as A Link to the Past - perhaps one of the best games ever made - and is 2D. Well... It's actually 2.5D with 3D elements thrown in... But it's probably as close to a true 2D Zelda game we'll ever get!!

How do YOU think Rol will receive this news?! Will he bitch about the 2.5D, or the use of 3D? Or will he love it and buy hundreds, nay, THOUSANDS of copies??

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

Oh shit, I might just want to get a 3DS...

Stefl1504 said:

Would be a very good decision!! I have to get me one as well

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

I think we all need to see more. On one hand, it has similar visual aesthetics to Link to the Past but on the other hand, we have not idea how it will play. That particular Zelda entry was more then its look and story, there was a charm to it that will be difficult to recreate, especially given the design team will likely feel the need to add in 3D effects to justify it being a 3DS title.

Probably would have gotten more love if it was on Wii U as a downloadable title.

DanneSandin said:
Stefl1504 said:

Would be a very good decision!! I have to get me one as well

Well, it would be, but since I want to be part of the 1 quadrillion € PS4 masterrace I need to safe my money for that T_T (hue)

Anyway, I am curious how much of aLttP it will be and how much 2... but this game... sounds promising from it's title alone!

Around the Network

I think you are confusing 2D Mario with 2D Zelda. All Rol ever wants is 2D Mario, forever that is.

The first reaction to this game that I've seen from Rol is suspicion that it'll be very puzzle-focused. Considering that all of the puzzles shown in the trailer actually took place in dungeons (so old-school), this is one of those rare times in which I will doubt Rol.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

F0X said:
The first reaction to this game that I've seen from Rol is suspicion that it'll be very puzzle-focused. Considering that all of the puzzles shown in the trailer actually took place in dungeons (so old-school), this is one of those rare times in which I will doubt Rol.

The overworld appears to be the same as LttP and can't be new content.

The wall drawing puzzle looks obnoxious because it is modal - LttP puzzles require combat and dodging skills to pull off, this one gives you time and space to figure it out by taking you away from the action which is not the Zelda way.

The only hint at combat in the trailer is that enemies just bounce off your shield instead of knocking you back/requiring that you hit them first. Sounds like easier combat as well.

Soleron said:
F0X said:

The wall drawing puzzle looks obnoxious because it is modal - LttP puzzles require combat and dodging skills to pull off, this one gives you time and space to figure it out by taking you away from the action which is not the Zelda way.

The only hint at combat in the trailer is that enemies just bounce off your shield instead of knocking you back/requiring that you hit them first. Sounds like easier combat as well.

Looks like Link Awakening styles shield mechanics, where you can push enemies but only if you hit the active shield button.... which I wouldn't say is easier, becuase you have to be active when blocking projectiles, too.

Soleron said:
F0X said:

I'm not going to make many assumptions about the overworld yet. It's still very possible that later regions of the game exist outside the original bounds.

The wall-drawing is a means of using the environment as a puzzle, as well as the greater interplay between multi-level dungeons. I don't see a problem with combining exploration and puzzle-solving this way, as long as there are still combat-centric puzzles sprinkled in. I think it could add a nice new dimension to the ALttP formula, so to speak.

Not sure what to make of the combat yet, but I wouldn't be shocked it it turns out easier. I can only hope that if it is much simpler to grasp, Nintendo will make up for it with devious enemy and level design. Not counting on it though.

No matter what, I think the game looks to be much better than the DS entries.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero