By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - WHY THE PS4-VITA STREAM PLAY IS A WINNER MOVE.

Tagged games:

WHY THE VITA-PS4 STREAM PLAY IS A SMART MOVE. 

Well, I will explaing for you as a SONY consumer, not a video game fanboy, wich I am not, cause I own a 3ds and a Xbox360 as well, so, give me the benefit of the doubt while I do it, ok? 
Right now I own a VITA, also, a PSP and PS3. When Sony announced the stream play on Vita-PS4, I thought: "Cool, I can play next gen games before I go to sleep, that is neat". 
And that stayed in my mind, telling me to get a PS4 at launch, wich I did not intend to, because I usually wait a year or two to get into a console (wich is why I don´t have a WIIU). 
So, to some people, who already own a VITA, the stream-play is a bonus reason to dive in on PS4, let us say that 10% of Vita owners do it BECAUSE of the stream-play, 500k plus consoles at launch, very nice. 

Bear in mind that this people would not buy a WIIU anyways, because Sony and MS consumers have played HD games for 7 years already, so the WiiU is nothing new for them. In that sense, is not a response, just a cool feature. 
Well, that is all well and good, but, if VITA fanbase is really small, wich it is, WHAT IS THE POINT? Two points actually: 

1 -Some, LISTEN, SOME, of the PS4 buyers, will feel compelled to buy a VITA, with the stream excuse, and, THEN, will enjoy the VITA library as well. I say that will happen to 10% of the ps4 new users, so, maybe 500k - 800k of the 5 - 8 million ps4 buyers (first year). A nice boost to the Vita. 

2 - Some, I SAID SOME, consumers will be interest in the full next gen flavor that the VITA-PS4 combo offer, I mean the WIIU have nice PS3-XBOX360 like graphics, scale and physics, but we all know that the PS4 and Next box will be a whole another ball game, as the PS3 was in comparition with the WII, no disrespect, of course, the WiiU will sell just fine, but, SOME gamers will want the premium experience.I say this will be a very small chunk of the whole market, like another 500k. 

After all is said and done, this stream-feature will atract 2 or 3 million more users to VITA, at worst, and 5-10 million, in a dream scenario. IT WILL NOT KILL THE WIIU, as I explained above, so, no worries. But it will help the VITA and, in a smaller scale, the young PS4 as well. 

Hey, don´t get me wrong, the WiiU will do just fine, and I want all of the big three to succeed, I really do, but that is my honest opinion on this subject.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

my only lulz about it is if they make ps4/vita remote play as easy as they say it will be it is likely to get more usage than the wiiU remote play as any game that actually uses the gamepad for innovative gameplay will be excluded from being able to use remote play.

on ps4 only move exclusive games won't be able to use remote play so that like what.. 4 games?

kitler53 said:

my only lulz about it is if they make ps4/vita remote play as easy as they say it will be it is likely to get more usage than the wiiU remote play as any game that actually uses the gamepad for innovative gameplay will be excluded from being able to use remote play.

on ps4 only move exclusive games won't be able to use remote play so that like what.. 4 games?

Yes, probably 5-10 games a year, but, they usually are not that good in my opinion... Althought, there was a interesting HORROR game coming to the Move, I wonder what happened to it.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

WagnerPaiva said:
kitler53 said:

Yes, probably 5-10 games a year, but, they usually are not that good in my opinion... Althought, there was a interesting HORROR game coming to the Move, I wonder what happened to it.

http://www.amazon.com/Until-Dawn-Playstation-3/dp/B0050SWONI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1364772652&sr=8-1&keywords=until+dawn%5C

it's coming out sometime this year. 

You use 10% because it sounds small and then say it couldn't possibly be less because it's a lowball estimate?

You need some hard numbers. What was the attach rate for N64 Transfer Paks? Game Boy Player?

Around the Network

Yeah it's a real winner move just look at the Wii U.

10% is a completely random guess. The idea that people are going to pay 250 dollars for remote play is also unfounded. It's a good move because it probably won't cost them much, and fans will like it, but it's not going to be a huge selling point.

It's not really cool cause you have to buy 2 systems, but sure it is a great idea

Click HERE and be happy 

If you expect that 10% of people who fork out the (presumably high price) for a PS4 will be thinking "I wonder how I can spend more money" then I don't think there is much I can say to convince you of anything.

It is a good move by itself - I think it can become really great move if they make gaming tablet and/or allow some sort of Remote Play certification program for other manufacturers, so things like this can support it too:

WikiPad

Archos GamePad

I can see more of this sort of tablets coming in the future, whether as fully integrated with game controls, or manufacturers making gaming add-ons for their existing tablet lines.