By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U to top X360 sales in the week ending March 30th?

Tagged games:

Will Wii U top 360 in sales next week?

YES, It will outsell everyone (130k Plus) 15 11.19%

YES, it will break 100k 6 4.48%

YES, just 11 8.21%

It will do about as well 15 11.19%

NO, but it will come close 29 21.64%

NO, it's not going to grow much next week 44 32.84%

See Results 11 8.21%

I Miss the old non-kit Lego 2 1.49%

Total:133

Well when Lego City Undercover released in USA, the Wii U saw a 196% increase in sales to 27k.

Europe see's the game released next week, so with that alone Wii U should hold about 60k worlwide right? Still not enough to top X360's 80-85k weekly sales.

Well......what about Dragon Quest X in Japan? Dragon Quest X increased Wii's weekly sales by 300% 7 years after the Wii released. This is the Wii U's first JRPG exclusive in Japan. It could increase Wii U sales by more then 300%, but let's just say it inreases Wii U sales by 300%. That would make Japans Wii U sales 30k alone, or 20k more then the week ending March 23rd.

With DQX releasing in Japan, LCU releasing in Europe, and USA likely to hold strong Wii U sales, Wii U could sell around 80k next week. This is about the same mark the 360 is at.

Will it be enough to top the 360, or not?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

I think if it beats it, it will still be a very close call. It would be a hollow victory after all, considering the Xbox 360's age.

I think maybe
22k ~ US
20k ~ Japan
25k~ Europe
6k ~ Rest of the world
So 73k WW then maybe!?

I don't think so. USA will be like 12~15k

Click HERE and be happy 

spurgeonryan said:
I would say yes, if it wasn't for the DQX game already releasing over six months ago on the Wii in Japan. Almost seems like a year. Is there any hype in Japan?

No.

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
I would say yes, if it wasn't for the DQX game already releasing over six months ago on the Wii in Japan. Almost seems like a year. Is there any hype in Japan?

spurgeonryan said:
EricFabian said:
spurgeonryan said:

No.

You have the answer then. I as just to nice to be truthfull.

but I really hope for 30k for DQX U.

Click HERE and be happy 

I think it will sell 70k WW.

22K in North America.
23K in Europe.
20K in Japan.
5K rest of the world.

No.

Also, no.

Also also, everything is probably undertracked; so after NPD adjustments, no.

My prediction: DQX will be the #1 seller for next week in Japan. AND it will boost sales. C'mon, it's DQ. If a remake of DQVII can sell one million on 3DS, then why not this, even if it's an MMORPG?