By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Battlefield 4 demo ran on an AMD Radeon HD 7990 ‘Malta’ Video Card

Tagged games:

So PS4/neXtBox will look slightly worse than that.

PS360 = min specs no AA or anything else.
next-gen = medium with AA turned on.
PC = well, it equals based on what you got but could be high with everything turned on.

Around the Network

Sony must really be aiming for that $399 pricetag. I think they could have fitted a top range AMD GPU in there and had the system cost 500 to manufacture. :(

I want the graphics in that demo!

No one should be confused about what system the demo was running on when it said something like "PRESS E" to cut the guy's leg off. Dead giveaway. :P That and the fact that DICE would demo this on the best possible hardware of course.. which is PC hardware.

I look forward to this game and hope my card can run it at a respectable rate!

I'm going to be an optimist and say that based on Battlefield 2142 (2006) vs current gen. Next-gen console games will reach this point by 2014s end.

superchunk said:

PC = well, it equals based on what you got but could be high with everything turned on.

Think it will be more like this..

PS360 = min specs no AA/FXAA, 30FPS. 720p.
next-gen = med/high with 4XMSAA, 30FPS. 1080P.
PC = Equals based on what you got but could be high (ultra settings) with everything turned on, 60FPS. No resolution cap.

Around the Network
teigaga said:
I'm going to be an optimist and say that based on Battlefield 2142 (2006) vs current gen. Next-gen console games will reach this point by 2014s end.

Idunno. Battlefield wasn't a graphics showcase game back then. I think it will be more reasonable to compare to Crysis (2007) vs current gen. In which case it might be a long time if ever that console games look that good and I mean from a technical standpoint, not artistic.

hinch said:
superchunk said:

Think it will be more like this..

PS360 = min specs no AA/FXAA, 30FPS. 720p.
next-gen = med/high with 4XMSAA, 30FPS. 1080P.
PC = Equals based on what you got but could be high (ultra settings) with everything turned on, 60FPS. No resolution cap.

Can't really argue with that logic. Pretty much what I was thinking but with more detail. Funny part is I almost edited my post to add that exact resolution/fps ratings.

superchunk said:

This card is 4 times stronger than the one in the PS4.  

The PS4 has a 7850

The 7970 is twice as strong as a 7850.

The 7990 is twice as strong as a 7970.

The PS4 version will look decently worse.  Perhaps this is why they are rumored to be making it in 720p for nextgen.

superchunk said:

I think we'll all be surprised at what's doable on next-gen consoles. We've seen some amazing feats on the PS360 and we'll likely see the same thing again with these next round of consoles. Considering that only certain parts of the demo are what I consider "next-gen" (such as the woman talking at the very end or the cars being being tossed aside) this should only be the tip of the iceburge to what we can expect. 

I don't know why people tell me to get a life. I'm a gamer, I have lots of lives!

CGI-Quality said:
".....which the company claims is the world's fastest video card".

Yeah, Benchmarks that clear the 690 or it didn't happen!

The current 7990's already have been benchmarked and they do beat the 690.  The funny thing is these are 7990's made without AMD's help, so the official one is probably stronger.