By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - *Update* - Etrian Odyssey: The Lady of Mieniam coming to Japan in June

Tagged games:

*UPDATE*

Sure, Atlus just released Etrian Odyssey IV in North America, but in Japan the game came out on July 5… huh so Japan is getting a new Etrian Odyssey game in less than a year. Etrian Odyssey: The Lady of Mieniam is slated for release on June 27 for Nintendo 3DS.

We’re waiting for more details and will share them when they leak online.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/26/new-etrian-odyssey-will-crawl-its-way-to-3ds-in-june/

*ORIGINAL*

This week’s Famitsu magazine will bring news on the updated version of Devil Survivor 2 for the 3DS, but will also contain news related to the Etrian Odyssey series, according to Atlus’ Twitter account in Japan.

Additionally, Etrian Odyssey series director Shigeo Komori tweets that the next Etrian Odyssey game he’s working on is approaching completion.

“It has been approximately 3 years since EOIII,” Komori tweets. “As the director, I feel the game I am developing is finally approaching completion.” Komori goes on to say that his new game is a project that experiments with new things with the goal of creating a “new” Etrian Odyssey.

In case you’re wondering why Komori mentioned Etrian Odyssey III and not Etrian Odyssey IV, it’s because III was the last game in the series that Komori directed. Etrian Odyssey IV was directed by Trauma Team director Daisuke Kanada, since Komori himself was involved with other projects at the time, which is something he mentioned during the game’s Iwata Asks interview.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/25/new-etrian-odyssey-info-coming-this-week/

Around the Network

I, er, bwha-?

noname2200 said:
I, er, bwha-?

I concur.

Etrain Odyssey U

Click HERE and be happy 

Was really esciting to hear this. Should be fun news!

Around the Network

So... EOIII-2?
Take you time. I won't have time to finish EO4 for a long while.

It's coming June 27 and isn't going to be a numbered title.
新世界樹の迷宮 ミエニアムの少女
Shin Sekaiju no Meikyuu: Mieniamu no Shoujo
New Etrian Odyssey: The Girl of Mieniamu

Thanks Baldr. Updated the title with that little bit of new information.

Neat, this should be an interesting release.