By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Question: Which Tales games are worth getting?

Tagged games:

So of the Tales series, I've only played Tales of Symphonia on GC and Symphonia2 on Wii (Barf..)

Really wanted to try the other entrys in the series but after the horrors of Symphonia 2, I'm a bit cautious.

So in your personal experience, which Tales games are the ones to get?  

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network

Vesperia is a must have.

Graces ƒ has a good combat system, but the story and characters aren't that good. 

Abyss starts off badly, but improves upon time.

I loved Tales Of Symphonia

I played Tales Of The Abyss but i think i'm the only person on this planet who didn't like it

I played Vesperia and i can tell that i would love it just as much as i loved Symphonia

Graces was cool

so right now i would tell you to go after Vesperia if you can find it

Tales of Vesperia is the only one I have played extensively (close to beating it) so its the only one I can really recommend you can get it on amazon new for $24.99 at the moment which is a pretty good price a bit more then what I paid for it over two years ago (amazon also) but still a very good deal.

I think Abyss was great. I almost enjoyed it as much as Vesperia.

I played both Symphonia games, don't care for them. I hated Legendia.

I own Graces on PS3, played some, seems okay... have to play more before I can really judge it.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

So glad you made this thread because earlier today in fact I decided i'd like to try the series, but I didn't know where to begin :P

i have so far only play two tales games which are graces f on the PS3 and vesperia on the 360 they are both great games but if you have to go with one i say graces f mainly because i think it has the better combat and characters but i have some great things about abyss for the PS2 and 3DS

Why didn't you like TOS2 I personally thought it was an awesome game lol.

Xillia 2 > Vesperia > Xillia > Graces (f) > Symphonia > Abyss > Hearts

If you want to go old school Phantasia and Destiny.

enditall727 said:

I loved Tales Of Symphonia

I played Tales Of The Abyss but i think i'm the only person on this planet who didn't like it

I played Vesperia and i can tell that i would love it just as much as i loved Symphonia

Graces was cool

so right now i would tell you to go after Vesperia if you can find it

Is tales of Vesperia on the PS3 available in english?