By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Steam Console Killer

Tagged games:

It's been a while coming.

Just accept it everyone.

Steam is the awesomest thing. Dota2 is the best game ever made. No more running away. No more hiding. Just embrace the change. Some of my friends have clocked THOUSANDS of hours on Dota2. It's the closest thing to a sport ever. No need for much else in gaming.

Sure, I'll get a PS4 for Metal Gear and a few other games.

But Valve has given me everything I actually need in super cheap, super sleek package. If they bring out a console you'll see what a loyal fanbase really is. Of course it won't be a "console", just a pc box. Open sourced and compatible with everything. Oh linux.

Gabe Newell for president. Of the world.

Around the Network
Dr.Grass said:

Dota2 is the best game ever made.

lololololol

Is Dota 2 still invitation only?

I think I watched a DOTA gaming event at SXSW Gaming Expo and it looked incredibly boring. I believe they were playing the game because I couldn't really pinpoint any other game they would be playing. They had a crowd watching and it took up half the convention. Highly non impressed.  SC/Warcraft or whatever the fuck mod might appeal to some people but it isn't anything special to me.  I was almost actually embarrassed to be gamer at this convention.  The only thing that saved it was some hot sluts dressed up in some video game characters.

the_dengle said:
Dr.Grass said:

Dota2 is the best game ever made.

lololololol

Why are you laughing? PLEASE. Tell me.

Around the Network

Dota 2 is waaaaaay too addicting. I spent 140 hours in almost 2 months >.>

Nintendo and PC gamer

Arcturus said:

Yup. Not hard to get an invite though.

Dr.Grass said:
Arcturus said:

Yup. Not hard to get an invite though.

You can pay $30 if your're stupid enough lol

Nintendo and PC gamer

Dr.Grass said:

It's been a while coming.

Just accept it everyone.

Steam is the awesomest thing. Dota2 is the best game ever made. No more running away. No more hiding. Just embrace the change. Some of my friends have clocked THOUSANDS of hours on Dota2. It's the closest thing to a sport ever. No need for much else in gaming.

Sure, I'll get a PS4 for Metal Gear and a few other games.

But Valve has given me everything I actually need in super cheap, super sleek package. If they bring out a console you'll see what a loyal fanbase really is. Of course it won't be a "console", just a pc box. Open sourced and compatible with everything. Oh linux.

Gabe Newell for president. Of the world.

Are you telling me that skilled Dota2 play doesn't revolve entirely around running away and hiding, like in LoL?

Arcturus said:

For the most part yes, although you can get a beta invite extremely easy. And now they are selling some early access that also includes some ingame items, but I don't thing it's worth it.

All I would need to replicate the Steambox is a long HDMI cable and a controller.