By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Sim City servers seem to have imploded at launch

Tagged games:

According to GAF, Sim City servers are undergoing maintenance and thus are non-functionning. <parameter:string> seems set to become a long-running joke.

I will install it tonight. Should be a lot of fun...

Around the Network

What? A game that forces you to play online that doesn't work? Who would have ever imagined such a thing.

The joys of always online DRM.

Signature goes here!

Glad im waiting for the mac version lol.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Markuss Person shouldn't talk, Minecraft doesn't even have dedicated servers, and his new game is going to implode much harder.

Around the Network

The exact same thing happened when Diablo III launched. Not sure why people expected anything different this time around.

Can't believe it's out everywhere in Europe but the UK.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

To be honest who would think enough people are interested in SimCity to overload servers.
This isn't Diablo or something like that.It's a "lame" CityBuilder.

Well, I'm still unable to play. I actually waited in the queue and everything and as soon as I entered the game it said I was unable to connect to the servers and then it wanted me to play the tutorial again even though I've already done it twice (that's the only time I've actually been able to really play the game).

When I tried to log on earlier this morning, I was of course greeted with this:

Assholes, if I can't claim a city how am I supposed to play an existing city?

They wouldn't have this problem if they didn't make the city size so huge.