By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony stock going up? Highest rating in 6 months

Tagged games:

It is not a secret that Sony has been in trouble in recent years. However Kaz Hirai has taken charge and promised to restructure Sony and bring it back to profitability. Recently they sold NYC building and now their stock went up again 8.5% in Tokyo due to reports that Sony will sell lithium-ion battery operations, the Yen exchange rate changes also did benefit Sony.
I've checked Sony's stock and it looks like it is highest in 6 months. You guys think Kaz is turning Sony around?

Sony Corporation (ADR)
NYSE: SNE - Feb 1 4:00pm ET
15.13+0.19‎ (1.27%‎)
1d
5d
1m
6m
1y
5y
max
Open
High
Low
Volume
Avg Vol
Mkt Cap
15.18B

Around the Network

More like favorable exchange rates. Haven't you been watching the news this past week?

Things are definitely looking up and there's a lot more confidence in Sony.
They're actually doing stuff. Now if only they could save the Vita...

geez..How much is SONY selling?

Does anyone know if an announcement of the PS4 will cause the stock to rise? I don't know much about the stock market, any experts out there?

Around the Network

I don't know anything about stocks or how important they are.

Go Sony!!

Akvod said:
More like favorable exchange rates. Haven't you been watching the news this past week?

Yeah that too. Kaz is doing some stuff too. At least Sony isn't being a total sitting duck. I guess it's a combination of everything.

riderz13371 said:
Does anyone know if an announcement of the PS4 will cause the stock to rise? I don't know much about the stock market, any experts out there?

If it gets favorable reactions and press it would go up.

riderz13371 said:

It will make it go waaaay down! Nobody trusts Sony anymore.

it seems this quarter was the best when it comes to smartphone sales for sony.