By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Tearaway for Playstation Vita is Looking to be the Best Game from Media Molecule Yet!

Tagged games:

With all this news that's been released in the last couple of days about "Killzone Mercenaries" releasing on September 17th and "Soul Survivor" releasing on April 30th, I was compelled to see what else is on the way for the Playstation Vita today, and one game that has certainly captured my attention is "Tearaway" an upcoming game from Media Molecule the creators of the "Little Big Planet" series for Playstation consoles.

"Tearaway" is an adventure game rather than a Do It Yourself platforming game like  the LBP games,  and one of the first things that caught my eye about the game ( after its beautiful stylized art style -- the game is set in a cardboard cut-out type of paper-based world) was that the main character appears to be a Native American; however, I'm not really sure if he is a Native American or not.  In an interview with one of the creators of the game I heard him say that they were actually incorporating elements from many different mythologies into the game.  Still to me with the feather in the back of the main character's headress I can't help but think that that implies that the Native American mythos is strong with this one especially since one of the staple monsters in this game is that staple of Native American folklore that is sometimes confused with the fabled cryptozoological creature Bigfoot The Wendigo.

To see the latest "Tearaway" trailer click on this link:  http://youtu.be/oAwKS1rl-_0

To me "Tearaway" looks to be another family friendly game from Media Molecule, and I don't generally pay that much attention to all-ages types of games.  But with its beautiful stylized look, the fact that it seems to be offering a more streamlined, traditional type of storytelling than we've come to expect from Media Molecule from their previous games, and with the elements of Native American folklore which I find to be so fascinating incorporated so heavily into "Tearaway" I can't help but feel that this game has a strong chance of being Media Molecule's best and it might be able to generate the same type of acclaim on Sony's systems that one generally finds most often associated with Nintendo's type of All-Ages faire.  Hopefully it will.

An interview with one of the creators of "Tearaway" plus game footage (   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4qdR4VPTuU ) by youtube's  Family Gamer TV ( http://www.youtube.com/user/FamilyGamerTV).

Around the Network

Links fixed to the best of my ability.

Hmm Idk about best MediaMolecule game. Littlebigplanet pretty much changed the way we think about 2D platformers.... But Tearaway does look amazing and I hope it does well!!

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

tear away looks amazing, i really think it might be the best vita game to release this year. i just loved its trailer!

It reminds me of Banjo Kazooie! I hope they release it by summer.

Also any chance of this going big in Japan?

Around the Network
teigaga said:
It reminds me of Banjo Kazooie! I hope they release it by summer.

Also any chance of this going big in Japan?

I don't know.  The look kind of reminds me of "3D Dot Heroes" though.  I doubt that it will release by Summer because I think it's still to be determined 2013.

I love little big planet and i'm sure i'll love this too. Looks great from what i've seen

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

LittleBigPlanet is my favourite PS3 game, in fact my favourite game of the seventh generation. Tearaway is going to have to be something damn special to beat it...

And you know what, it looks like it is. Regardless of whether it's better than LBP1 or not, though, I am so hyped for this game :)

Well, I like LBP but I think this will surpass it by a quite good margin. This type of game resonates better to me than a 2D platformer and it looks brilliant!

I think it will be the best game from MM as well. Should be great for Vita owners.