By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - ZombiU HATED by - gamespot, gameinformer,egm, machinima, gametrailers, edge - LOVED by every NON-Mainstream source

Tagged games:

Woud you recommend ZombiU to a friend?

Yes. I own it. You should too. 114 75.50%

No. I regret having it. Stay away. 36 23.84%

Total:150

Does this happen often?

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/zombiu/critic-reviews

the MAINSTREAM HATES it and the MAJORITY LOVES it.  Fifty Critics gave great reviews but ten publications, with the most attention, decided you shouldn't by it.  I've played ZombiU for about ten hours and everytime still I get locked into it.  I never get this intensely involved in a game.  Not since the days when games actually made you start over if you failed.  I'm afraid to play sometimes just because "what if this time I die?"  Everytime I'm attacked I get the adrenaline to fight for survival.  Racing pulse, clearity of vision, adroitness!

Why do you think the BIG media hated it so much?  Is it because they're working too hard and needed an easy setting for little babies?

don't forget to answer the poll question while your at it.

Around the Network

Bloody hell, this is worse than putting on a shirt inside out! LOL

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

Nintendo Power, and like 5 different Eurogamers, and G4TV liked it...

Edge didn't really score that low (7/10), because edge tends to rate harder than most critics.

I don't really think this is that weird.

i explained it in my review. an Unbiased Review of course ;) If you dont want to read it, then just know it is hard to  reccomend a game that some people will either love or hate.  It is for a very niche market at the moment and it does have problems with it.  I love it though just so you know

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=150487&page=1

I thought the game was terrible, personally. Controls were absolutely horrible, which is one of the most annoying things to have in a horror game. Honestly, I think a lot of horror games make bad controls on purpose so they can artificially ramp up the suspense (like resident evil and not being able to move while you shoot).

I think most of the people that liked the game just really wanted to like the game. Or they still had the warm fuzzies from playing a new console.

Around the Network

You have to wonder how GameSpot can give the game a 45% when Joystiq gives it a 90%. How can the disagreement be that big?

It's the type of game that some people love and some people hate. I don't see a problem with that. It happens.

I read a lot of reviews about ZombiU because it's one of the few Wii U games that really interest me, and I actually thought the disparity made sense. From what I remember, almost everyone had some issues with the game, but for some the atmosphere and vibe made those issues inconsequential. For others, those issues ruined the entire experience.

Aielyn said:
You have to wonder how GameSpot can give the game a 45% when Joystiq gives it a 90%. How can the disagreement be that big?

How can some people love the ps3 and hate the 360 or vice versa when they have pretty much the same games, controller, and online?

Well, a lot of the big Editor's opinions don't resemble consumers nor smaller Reviewers. It's usually how it works out. Especially with movies, I see that all the time.

gergroy said:
I thought the game was terrible, personally. Controls were absolutely horrible, which is one of the most annoying things to have in a horror game. Honestly, I think a lot of horror games make bad controls on purpose so they can artificially ramp up the suspense (like resident evil and not being able to move while you shoot).

I think most of the people that liked the game just really wanted to like the game. Or they still had the warm fuzzies from playing a new console.

I am pretty sure (can't remember as I haven't played it in years) when I played RE4 Wii Edition you could walk and shoot. This was the bonus of having pointer controls and why I was pissed of RE5 did not come out on Wii.