By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "Muramasa Rebirth" coming to NA (Vita) - physical release, new controls, new localisation

Tagged games:

Aksys have officially announced the Playstation Vita version of Muramasa: The Demon Blade for a U.S release.  In North America, the game will be titled Muramasa Rebirth.

The original version of Muramasa was published by Ignition Entertainment and was somewhat lacking in its bland localisation.  Muramasa Rebirth on the other hand, is getting a completely new localisation from Aksys.

Additionally, Aksys have confirmed that the previously reported DLC, which will allow you to play four additional short scenarios with four new characters, will be made available for purchase in North America.

Aksys haven't announced a release date for Muramasa Rebirth yet.

Update 1: The game will feature a separate jump button, unlike the Wii version which used "up" on the d-pad or analogue stick for jumping.

Update 2: Aksys confirmed a physical release:

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/29/muramasa-rebirth-for-vita-will-have-a-completely-new-english-localization/

Around the Network

You're welcome! :P

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

This was like the first game that made me want a Wii. I even tried to coerce my niece into buying it so I could play it but she had zero interest in anything that didn't involve jumping around the room. I'll be getting this.

Im really liking that is going to be physical.

So it's basically the same game just with improvements?

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:

New characters as well (which essentially means a lot of new story and quests). With a new localization, I'll be rebuying it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
NintendoPie said:

New characters as well (which essentially means a lot of new story and quests). With a new localization, I'll be rebuying it.

Interesting.

And by localization you do mean the people bringing it over, right? What's that got to do with it?

NintendoPie said:
outlawauron said:
NintendoPie said:

Interesting.

And by localization you do mean the people bringing it over, right? What's that got to do with it?

Localization as in a new translation. Ignition didn't do a very good of translating the Wii version often leaving out a lot and messing up any home of understanding the side stories.

outlawauron said:

Localization as in a new translation. Ignition didn't do a very good of translating the Wii version often leaving out a lot and messing up any home of understanding the side stories.

Oh, well that clears things up then.

It's kind of odd that a somewhat known studio (Ignition) would let crappy translations get by.

NintendoPie said:
outlawauron said:

Oh, well that clears things up then.

It's kind of odd that a somewhat known studio (Ignition) would let crappy translations get by.

I think they did well with how they went about it in terms of style and artistic choices regards to making it in English, but in terms of actually getting meaning across, not so great.