By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What type of game will SMT x Fire Emblem be?

Tagged games:

what kind of game would you like it to be?

SRPG 13 50.00%

Dungeon Crawler 1 3.85%

Action RPG 6 23.08%

Point and Click Adventure :P 2 7.69%

something entirely new 3 11.54%

Total:25

I watched  the  nintendo direct  and  couldn't  belive  when they announced  the  SMTx FE masshup ,two of  my favorite franchises  together i was psyched, but  my question is  ,in what genre  will it  be , SRPG ,dungeon crawler or an entire  different thing? what do you think?

Personaly i woulld  like  if  they mixed  exploration and  turn based  stratey .

Around the Network

Preferably something like SMT in-between battles, but grand, Fire-Emblem style engagements (which would also mean fewer petty battles/random encounters and the like).

The social system of the Persona side of things would mesh well with what's been going on in Fire Emblem lately.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
Preferably something like SMT in-between battles, but grand, Fire-Emblem style engagements (which would also mean fewer petty battles/random encounters and the like).

The social system of the Persona side of things would mesh well with what's been going on in Fire Emblem lately.

Yeah i was  thinking that to , but  persona  is not  part of  SMT i think , so maybe they can use  that we'll see

Apparently its an rpg.

http://nintendoeverything.com/111153/shin-megami-tensei-x-fire-emblem-confirmed-as-an-rpg/

One more thing to complete my year = senran kagura localization =D

shiackz said:
Mr Khan said:

Yeah i was  thinking that to , but  persona  is not  part of  SMT i think , so maybe they can use  that we'll see

Persona is a SMT spin off, while the gameplay is different the certain aspects and some of the demons that appear are at times shared between the games.

However, its recent popularity has made it a larger force within the franchise then I think anyone was suspecting it would be when the first few games landed on the PS1 that many younger players know it more then the main entries.

Around the Network
CCFanboy said:
Apparently its an rpg.

http://nintendoeverything.com/111153/shin-megami-tensei-x-fire-emblem-confirmed-as-an-rpg/

That doesn't tell us much, unfortunately. RPG is a bit of a shaky definition, especially coming from a statement from the parent company of a games company, who might be less technical in their terminology in a statement. Obviously the game will have RPG elements, but to what extent vis-a-vis the strategy?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
CCFanboy said:
Apparently its an rpg.

That doesn't tell us much, unfortunately. RPG is a bit of a shaky definition, especially coming from a statement from the parent company of a games company, who might be less technical in their terminology in a statement. Obviously the game will have RPG elements, but to what extent vis-a-vis the strategy?

yes  i wonder the same  ,the RPG part is a must but  what kind of  Rpg ? i'm betting on strategy , but  who knows maybe  it's  an rpg  with  a  more developed support system , but  they would  have  to tone  it down in characters  in my opinion maybe  only use main characters

Loved FE:RD but never even heard of SMT. What type of gameplay does it have? Was it released on Wii VC?

Gamerace said:
Loved FE:RD but never even heard of SMT. What type of gameplay does it have? Was it released on Wii VC?

it  has  differnet gameplay, depending on wich  one  you play, you have  first person dungeon crawling,turn bases  strategy,third  person dungeon crawling,some  games are  on the snes ,and  on PS2 ,also there's strange  journey for  ds and devil survivor they are really good  imo

so am i the only one who has no idea what shin megami tensei is?