By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - What are your favourite sports?

Tagged games:

What are your favourite sports and why?

For me.

1. AFL

Australian Football is by far my favourite sport, it's only played proffessionally in Australia and is an intense high scoring and fast paced game that requires great precision, strength, endurance ang agility. Matches can often have crouds of over 50,000 and the atmosphere is brilliant.

2. Soccer/Football

Although being very low scoring and at times the players can be a bit pathetic It's still the world game, played everywhere and requires a lot of skill and is enjoyable to watch.

3. Cricket

Various gametypes requiring absolute precision, endurance and fast reflexes.

Around the Network

Football - because I'm English and its our sport. Also because its simple and exciting and tactical all at the same time. Nothing better.

Squash - The only sport I'm good at. And its one hell of an exercise!

Basketball - The only good american sport

1. Association Football (Soccer)
Will always be my favorite sport. The tension and passion of going to a match and singing for your club, few things in life I enjoy as much.

2. Ice Hockey
A fun winter sport to watch, especially love international tournaments and the Stanley Cup playoffs.

3. Basketball (College)

This is all because of UK, like a rule growing up given my grandpa was friends with Rupp.

4. Rugby Football (Union)
Mainly because my brother has played for years grown to enjoy it.

Cricket

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

American Football, Basketball, and Football/Soccer.

All fun to watch and have been as a kid. Chargers, Heat, Galaxy/Real Madrid/Manchester United are my teams respectively.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Around the Network

I'm not really into stick and ball sports that much since most just don't interest me but I am a big follower of motorsports. SinceI live in the U.S. NASCAR is of course my favorite but I'll watch F1 if im awake when their racing, Indycar, Dirt track racing, and even Australian V8 supercars.

To me theres nothing better than the atmosphere at a race track! The sounds of the engines, smell of burn rubber and exhaust, plus you haven't lived untill you stand next to the fence at a NASCAR track and felt 43 cars flyby at 200mph (at certain tracks). Everyone there is just there to have a good time!

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

well i'd have to say i like a lot of live sport and the big sporting occasions but i'll list my favourite sports

1. Football - England,Tottenham hotspur,World Cup,Euros- it's just in the blood what can i say the beautiful game

2. Test Cricket -England playing/touring - it's in the blood what can i say,i've watched us lose for a long time,it's a quality game but probably on the way out of modern life,most countries prefer the shorter versions of the game but the battle of bowler and batsman in test cricket is still the highest form of Cricket for me

3. Formula 1 - always loved watching fornula 1 on the BBC ,james hunt and murray walker when i was a kid,visiting all the beautiful places in the world through formula 1,high class stuff

4.Big Boxing nights/great fights nothing like a top quality live night of Boxing

5.Grand Slam tennis- such a great sport,totally on your own nowhere to hide,live breakdowns,love the ladies

6.big Athletics meets,American Football & baseball are all other sports i enjoy watching and fit women doing anything

i think that covers my sporting habits but we have a massive sporting calendar over here from horse racing to darts and the big events are all good to watch,its tradition

Above & Beyond

Swimming and Tennis. Sometimes Soccer. But that's about it.

Passive:
Football (Soccer) - best fan culture by miles and just an awesome teamsport to watch
Tennis - love to see how they fight for every ball over hours 
Formula 1 - can't really explain, i just love it
Snooker - nice precision sport and good to think about what you would do in those situations
Boxing - Baaaam!

(i really like to watch wintersport but i have no preference there, i just like almost everything of it)

Active:
Snowboarding
Skiing
Tennis
Table Tennis
Hockey

I love the atmosphere in Winter when you are in the mountains, that's why i love snowboarding and skiing. The speed feeling is also great. i prefer sports with rackets so that's why i love tennis, table tennis and hockey so much. Same with badminton and so on.

probably tennis

followed by the NFL