By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Slow, Excruciating Death Of Final Fantasy

Tagged games:

I wonder what will happen if Versus 13 ended up sucking too.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network

nope not gone happen

Otakumegane said:

They better hope it doesn't. Many people have been waiting for that game and if they mess up, guess who's head is on the chopping block?

Otakumegane said:

Don't worry, it won't if only because it will never see the light of day.

I care about Final Fantasy XIII's story!

I thought I saw a video on IGN posted urging not to buy All the Bravest. Now I know why.

I don't think FF is totally dying. It still has great games in the series that I and others will keep replaying for a long time. Some of them will always be legendary. It's just not going to be the juggernaut anymore that it was... that ship sailed a while back for me.

Around the Network

They've gotta pay for those free FFXIV servers somehow...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

My FF history goes like this

FFV: wow i didn't know a game could be this awesome
FFVI: OH MY GOD! BEST GAME EVER!
FFVII: Great! but...
FFVIII: they still can do great games
FFIX: yup they still got it (kinda)
FFX: well, better than expected :)
FFX-2: umm... well it's ok
FFXII: what the...?
FFXIII: No, bad square, just no, you should be ashamed - lost it
FFXIII-2: I'm not gonna play that
LR FFXIII announcement: Really? ¬¬

man... what happened to those guys?

Things started to get iffy with me after FFX

FFXI: Little to no interest in other MMOs at the time, I was already hooked on Ragnarok Online
FFX-2: Good battle system, bad story.
FFXII: Great story and a good ensemble of characters, minus Vahn and Penelo. However there was too much back and forth between places, it was tedious and boring. (I did enjoy it though for the most part)
FFXIII: Bland cast except for Sazh and Fang. Bland story, and bland world that didn't open up until the very end.
FFXIV: Should I even mention this? It was a train wreck.
FFXIII-2: A sequel that wasn't really needed. Blander music and still fairly linear.

Versus XIII looks pretty good though, but I'm getting tired of that typical anime story progression that FF games have been using lately.

people still think versus is going to come out?
Final Fantasy X was the last really good game. XII was ok, but everything after that has just been bad.

I loved x, x-2 and xi. Xii had a awesome battle system and lay out but wtf was the story...
Xiii was the last one I bought and well I dont care anymore, they lost me.

Oh and just recently I tried to reactivate my xi account but their 'updated' their payment system and even after chatting either customer support a few times I still cant sort it out so my xi character is dead forever.

Bring on Ni No Kuni.