By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - User Created Mario Stages Are A Possibility In The Future

Tagged games:

Would you be interested in this?

Yes 23 85.19%

No 3 11.11%

see results 1 3.70%

Total:27

User Created Mario Stages Are A Possibility In The Future

Posted Fri, 28 Dec 2012 | 12:30 GMT by Orla Madden

Level creation is a must

Could add a new dimension to the series

In a recent interview with GamesTM magazine, director of New Super Mario Bros. U Masataka Takemoto was asked if the possibility of level editing would find its way onto future Mario titles:

I think the Coin Edit feature in Coin Battle is a step closer to that. There is a possibility of this happening in the future, but there’s no use just blindly making that feature available. We would need to carefully think about how to make such a system work. The important thing is that it has to be something that is uniquely Nintendo. Where a beginner can easily make something and have a good time, and simultaneously, someone who is really into Mario can delve into it deeper and make something more complex. So that is a challenge we will need to tackle in the future.

In the latest helping of Mario on the Wii U, coin placement in Coin Battle Mode is as far as assembling your own level goes. Could a level editor feature become essential for a Mario title? We'd love the idea of creating our own levels to share with readers down the road, as well as delving into your creations. Let us know what you think.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/12/user_created_mario_stages_are_a_possibility_in_the_future

Around the Network

I would love a level editor and to be able to play user created levels. It's a very good idea and should have been implemented into New Super Mario Bros U.

Wii U Nintendo Network ID, Borode

XBOX Live ID, Borode

TheKingofRedLions said:

User Created Mario Stages Are A Possibility In The Future

Posted Fri, 28 Dec 2012 | 12:30 GMT by Orla Madden

Level creation is a must

Could add a new dimension to the series

In a recent interview with GamesTM magazine, director of New Super Mario Bros. U Masataka Takemoto was asked if the possibility of level editing would find its way onto future Mario titles:

I think the Coin Edit feature in Coin Battle is a step closer to that. There is a possibility of this happening in the future, but there’s no use just blindly making that feature available. We would need to carefully think about how to make such a system work. The important thing is that it has to be something that is uniquely Nintendo. Where a beginner can easily make something and have a good time, and simultaneously, someone who is really into Mario can delve into it deeper and make something more complex. So that is a challenge we will need to tackle in the future.

In the latest helping of Mario on the Wii U, coin placement in Coin Battle Mode is as far as assembling your own level goes. Could a level editor feature become essential for a Mario title? We'd love the idea of creating our own levels to share with readers down the road, as well as delving into your creations. Let us know what you think.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/12/user_created_mario_stages_are_a_possibility_in_the_future

What is there to think about? Just take the "Reggie!" (yes, that's the actual name) editor and improve usability. BOOM, awesome level editor^^

Sounds like a good idea, but like the report said it would have to be carefully thought out.

::Coughlittlebigplanetcough::

Around the Network

This will add so much replay value to the Mario franchise, hope they do it eventually. Although I would prefer being simplified as much as possible, not like the Little Big Planet one, don't get me wrong is a really good level editor but I think is a little too complicated...maybe I'm just stupid to create stuff lol.  

Nintendo and PC gamer

it's already a possibility, Nintendo just hasn't put it in yet. It would be a great addition

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

After playing LBP I thought it was inevitable that such a feature would make it's way to Mario. It was actually one of my initial thoughts only a few minutes into the game. It would be a great fit I think, especially for a 2D Mario.

I think it's a great idea. I'd like to see this feature in a future Mario game.

My blog: TsalagiDragon on Wordpress

My online store: Tsalagi Dreams 

My Twitter: @Scary4Eva

they should make it DLC for super mario bro's u