By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What was so wrong with Metroid Other M? (with a poll)

Tagged games:

what was so wrong with Metroid Other M?

the simpler exploration 20 11.43%

the characterisation of samus 53 30.29%

fricking adam malkovich 8 4.57%

the gameplay 25 14.29%

nothing it was great :P 68 38.86%

Total:174

Well i been suffering in silence  for along  time , i tought i was  the  only person that liked Metroid  Other M (apart  for  the  other million people that bought it).

And  i've  been wondering why do people  think it's  so bad, i'm not a newbie with metroid  i basically have  played and  finished all of them (except the second one in gb) and i know  it's  not  abad game  by any means, the  combat is  great, it's  fast and just like  samus  would  fight if  you control her right nothing can stop her, and that's  what samus  is supposed to be a unstoppable  bounty hunting machine, so the  essence  of what samus  is  is there, a lot  of  people complained about  the story how  samus  seems  weak ,and  whiny, like a little  girl  and  that it  takes away from the silent strong woman we  now.

But  is she weak?  i mean she get's  the  job done, she cares about her comrades? well why shouldn't  she she's  human after all, and about  following orders, well in that one  i don't  know haha , but anyway she's  not  weak or  whiny that's  what happens  when you get your parents  murdered  in front  of  you, and she  managed  to keep strong and  fighting(like  batman) for reference  heres' the origins  comic  http://metroid-database.com/manga/listing.php?vid=19

I think people  see  to much into it , and forget to enjoy the  game  the game  is awesome, the fights are  thight and  the controls  too, ridley is  badass here,and well the exploration was  there in a  more  simple  way but , overal i think this game deserved  better , it was a  different take  on samus, and  a good one  imo so i think people should  give  it a second chance and play it  upscaled  in their wii us haha

Around the Network

I have a huge problem with her voice, they should have went for another voice actress instead of a person that sounds like a little girl, the VO couldn't portray the inner strength of Samus. Whoever decided that shit made a poor poor choice.

dahuman said:

I have a huge problem with her voice, they should have went for another voice actress instead of a person that sounds like a little girl, the VO couldn't portray the inner strength of Samus. Whoever decided that shit made a poor poor choice.

hahah well that's  true , they could  have  done a better job look what they  did  with kid  icarus  that one  is  has  great voice acting, they had  the skills but  didn't use  them

Well the story presents Samus as the dumbest person alive. She suffers third degree burns while she could just activate her Varia suit.

Other than that, the way you use missiles is horrible, the game is much more linear than other Metroid games. There's other stuff but they've been blocked out of my memory.

Signature goes here!

shiackz said:
dahuman said:

hahah well that's  true , they could  have  done a better job look what they  did  with kid  icarus  that one  is  has  great voice acting, they had  the skills but  didn't use  them

Should have just used Jennifer Hale, she did the Samus sounds in Prime and can manipulate her voices much better. Not to mention Sci-Fi video game fans love her in general.

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
Well the story presents Samus as the dumbest person alive. She suffers third degree burns while she could just activate her Varia suit.

Other than that, the way you use missiles is horrible, the game is much more linear than other Metroid games. There's other stuff but they've been blocked out of my memory.

but  the  game play says  other wise  she kicks as:P

TruckOSaurus said:

I think they tried to make too many Wii games too causal and accessible that they missed the point in some of the games, you obsolutely can't dumb down a Metroid game.

dahuman said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I think they tried to make too many Wii games too causal and accessible that they missed the point in some of the games, you obsolutely can't dumb down a Metroid game.

i think it  was  not  dumbed down, just different, kind of  like  metroid  fusion, more linear but in no way less fun it all depens for what are  you playing  the game, action or exploration

shiackz said:
dahuman said:
TruckOSaurus said:

i think it  was  not  dumbed down, just different, kind of  like  metroid  fusion, more linear but in no way less fun it all depens for what are  you playing  the game, action or exploration

well, I really wish that I was able to use a wiimote+nunchuck setup too, pure wiimote kinda sucked TBH.

I didn't mind the gameplay except for when you had to point the wiimote at the screen, but it wasn't as bad as some people make it up to be, at least imo.

What I really didn't liked about the game was Samus, didn't liked her voice and the stupid "baby metroid this, baby metroid that" shut up! That was so annoying. Just like Link, Samus must have stayed silent, no voice or just text (like Metroid Fusion). And I also think Nintendo put her as a "weak" character, I mean not using her suit powers because Adam doesn't let her is just stupid, they could have found a better way to not make use or her powers.  

Nintendo and PC gamer