By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Revealed 4th Zelda Timeline

Tagged games:

http://www.p4rgaming.com/?p=534

English Hyrule Historia Reveals 4th Timeline Where Ganon and Link Both Die

Hyrule Historia is a large history and art book about the Zelda series. Insiders at Dark Horse Comics, publishers of the English Hyrule Historia, have revealed that Nintendo included a fourth timeline where Ganon and Link both die.

In the Japanese version of Hyrule Historia, many gamers were shocked when it was discovered that three timelines were present in the Zelda series. For years, Zelda fans have been attempting to decipher the murky ordering of the Zelda games using only two separate timelines due to the split caused in Ocarina of Time.

The English version of Hyrule Historia includes a fourth timeline where both Ganondorf and Link perish at the end of Ocarina of Time. Shigeru Miyamoto, creator of the Zelda series, explains himself in an additional section written just for the English version.

Many have wanted the Zelda timeline to be fully explained when it was our wish to never have a solid chronological order so each Zelda game could be more unique. For the original Hyrule Historia, we struggled to connect games that seemingly have no proper ordering when Eiji Aonuma decided to add another timeline to the series to make it easier for us. Since the introduction of Skyward Sword, Aonuma found that adding more timelines would please both fans and ourselves for the fans who want a fully explained history and ourselves who want a mysterious history. This new fourth timeline will be used for future titles or maybe it will not. Time will tell.

Zelda timeline theorists have responded to this news by claiming that their timelines are still correct despite this news and that Miyamoto should kill himself for ruining Zelda.

Because with three it wasn't hard enough to follow the story...

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

For years, Zelda fans have been attempting to decipher the murky ordering of the Zelda games

These people need to find a better hobby.

For example, gaming.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Crisis on infinite Hyrules.

So... This confirms there never was a blue print like Miyamoto always said. You lying son of a bitch!!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
Gnac said:
JEMC said:

For years, Zelda fans have been attempting to decipher the murky ordering of the Zelda games

For example, gaming.

Zelda games take their time, so what can the Zelda fans do until the next one launches?

Make theories.

cute story. Sometimes people look so hard they see things that aren't there.

DAFAQ?! Nintendo is making this up as they go.

Thanks for the laugh.

JEMC said:
Gnac said:
JEMC said:

For example, gaming.

Zelda games take their time, so what can the Zelda fans do until the next one launches?

Make theories.

I find replaying the older games to be more worthwhile, but that's just me. I've always considered each game to be the same legend told by an unknown chronicler, and I don't need retroactive continuity to enjoy them.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3