By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will there be a God of War IV?

Tagged games:

Hey,

So I bumped my old topic but apparantly that was stupid and I should've made a new one :0 so here it is:

Will the be a God of War IV and will it feature Kratos? (Im not talking about Ascension here)

Also, what is your interpretation of the ending to God of War 3? I interpret it as if the developers wants us to think for ourselves but that they really wont be following that story anymore. I realize that Kratos killed everyone but there has to be a way to keep the series going forward ;_;.

I really dont know if hes alive, CONVICE ME!

Also are there any articles about Santa Monicas response to the ending? I mean you go ahead and do that without even like.. motivating why? I mean sure it makes sense, but have they denied any future GoWs with Kratos? (Set in future time, not like Ascension) or have they maybe hinted at a new protagonist? Im just so curious because Naughty Dog has stated that Drake isnt done so I feel rather comfortable with an Uncharted 4 for PS4. But what about God of War 4?

Around the Network

I hope not I like god of war, but the studio should do something new in my opinion.

dude just let it go, what we know about kratos is what we seen in the ending of the 3rd game. which i understand you seen like 5 times? there is no possible way to know unless sony santa monica announce a new game after ascension is released. your just gonna have to wait and see. i really doubt there will be answers for you in ascension as its in the very beginning of kratos's story and it makes no sense to jump all the way to the end of his story.

Mad55 said:
I hope not I like god of war, but the studio should do something new in my opinion.

i agree, GoW id my favorite franchise but i want to see something new from sony santa monica. also i dont want the franchise to be milked to death.

bananaking21 said:
dude just let it go, what we know about kratos is what we seen in the ending of the 3rd game. which i understand you seen like 5 times? there is no possible way to know unless sony santa monica announce a new game after ascension is released. your just gonna have to wait and see. i really doubt there will be answers for you in ascension as its in the very beginning of kratos's story and it makes no sense to jump all the way to the end of his story.

But Kratos did travel back to the first game in GoW2! :(

I am so going to play the game and just wait for a mention of Thor or some shit XD, and then feel empty as the creds roll :(

Around the Network

Sony should find some way to keep it going. Its a big IP. To just stop and make something new that could potentially tank is too risky.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

bananaking21 said:
Mad55 said:

i agree, GoW id my favorite franchise but i want to see something new from sony santa monica. also i dont want the franchise to be milked to death.

They had 1 mainline game this generation so far! Whats wrong with 2 games per gen atleast :(, and they can still do new shit. SSM is a very large team, Stigs team (the guy who directed GoW3) is working on some "cool stuff" according to David Jaffe. There should still be a God of War team that can focus on moving the genre forward. Look at Ascensions new MP! Who knows, maybe it'll actually be nothing short of amazing (since I havent played it, I have no idea!). No need to kill the series. Maybe make Kratos the main antagonist for GoWIV hence that character becoming the new God of War? I know it doesnt make sense in the way GoW3 ended, but with Hope released and all that, maybe humanity chose to believe in gods therefore creating them over again or some shit I MEAN YOU CAN DO SO MUCH XD

EDIT: Also, isnt God of War like the highest rated / sold game in the genre? I dont really have much knowledge on the sales part etc but if true => Why the fuck should the team behind the leading genre stop producing it when they can set new standards. I mean its like Halo, you dont expect/want that to stop, do you?

Aldro said:
bananaking21 said:
Mad55 said:

They had 1 mainline game this generation so far! Whats wrong with 2 games per gen atleast :(, and they can still do new shit. SSM is a very large team, Stigs team (the guy who directed GoW3) is working on some "cool stuff" according to David Jaffe. There should still be a God of War team that can focus on moving the genre forward. Look at Ascensions new MP! Who knows, maybe it'll actually be nothing short of amazing (since I havent played it, I have no idea!). No need to kill the series. Maybe make Kratos the main antagonist for GoWIV hence that character becoming the new God of War? I know it doesnt make sense in the way GoW3 ended, but with Hope released and all that, maybe humanity chose to believe in gods therefore creating them over again or some shit I MEAN YOU CAN DO SO MUCH XD

EDIT: Also, isnt God of War like the highest rated / sold game in the genre? I dont really have much knowledge on the sales part etc but if true => Why the fuck should the team behind the leading genre stop producing it when they can set new standards. I mean its like Halo, you dont expect/want that to stop, do you?

lol i want every game that is being milked to stop actually :P i dont want to be playing the same old games in 10 years from now. the only game that actually makes huge differences between releases and feels like completly new game is GTA, which is why i dont think its being milked. as for GoW. yes they are the leading games in the genre, but im talking about my personal feelings, i dont want to look back at the GoW games and feel like one of them was shit or meh, i want to remember them as pure awesome. i look back at AC revelations and it simply sucked, it ruined the franchise for me, i franchise that i really love. i dont want the same to happen to GoW. there is so much they can do, but they will risk a lot trying to do new stuff, i for one am all in for the new MP mode and if they keep doing and bringing new stuff, im all in for GoW. but keep the standers extremely high, take time releasing the games (i dont want to play one every year) and dont ruin my favorite franchise sony santa monica!! if they manage to do so, then yeah why the hell not? but still i prefer they put the franchise to bed and start something new, as i said i dont like when companies milk their games to death

I hope not. Never thogut Kratos was a interesting character first of all. His story is over, done. He killed freaking Zeus! How the hell could they make a GoW4 that would be actualy interesting and that won't feel like a cash grab. This is why I think Ascension will flop (atleast compared to GoW standards).

But that does'nt mean that I don't want anything from the series. I hope they reboot it with new characters and a new mythology universe.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

If they keep it going it will be milking the series in my opinion. I feel his story is done and I'm ready for them to try something new. Who knows though.