By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official ZombiU VGCers review thread!

Tagged games:

Come on in to read about the game from your local community and/or tell everyone your views on the game now that you've had some time with it.

Here's my initial thoughts:

I've spent about 4hrs in this scary and heart-pumping world of ZombiU. First and foremost ITS A DAMN SURVIVAL HORROR GAME. If you want FPS with Zombies, play COD. If you want to play on the edge of your seat worried about what's around the next corner and literally running for your life mixed with real in-game punishment for dying... run, no drive as fast as you can legally to the nearest store and pick up this game. Its a GREAT game that really brings home a true survival horror experience.

Gamepad is done well... really well.
Graphics look great, they obviously are not pushing the sytem to its peak, nor a PS360, but they look very good already. Dark, moody, scary, and well detailed.
Gameplay is stealthy, intense at times, and done well for the genre.
This game is easily better than the best Resident Evils and I haven't even finished it yet.

It starts off slow and as you move on the intensity will pick up and get harder, much harder. 

Pro-tips so far:
1) USE the storage in your safe house. Makes it a lot easier when you die and you WILL die.
2) Make sure that no matter what you AT LEAST get back to your former zombified self and loot the dead body before you die again. Otherwise you lose the chance to reclaim items you had previously. Trust me, that part sucks too.
3) If there is a horde (which really is only about 5 zombies), fucking run. At least in the beginning. It takes a lot of bullets and/or batting heads to kill one. So they will overwhelm you quickly.

I will update this with more as it goes on, but so far, this game is easily a 92/100 for me. The only negative I have so far is the fact that to enter a tunnel, climb ladders, or other things that should be automatic while running or simply a one butten press, is two button presses and that can kill the very limited gap you may have between yourself and a few zombies chasing you. Btw, they are fast, not slow.

Around the Network

just finished the game today...

In my opinion its a great survival horror game.. had loads of fun and it was difficult to beat and stay alive some parts...

had plenty of scares when i ran out of ammo and really just ran :P

It seems this is a great game as long as you don´t think it´s like Left4Dead or something.

I think the Giant Bomb review said it best.."great game, the name is actually a disservice to how good the game is".

Ill be picking this up on Friday with the WiiU, opinions on their way!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Screw reviews.

Everyone is saying this is a fuckin' awesome game. I was forwarded to a thread on GAF that's 50 pages and people are saying this game is remarkable and the reviewers are borderline unprofessional in their reviews of it. I'm convinced to pick this up. It'll have to wait until December, but I'm buying it nonetheless.

Around the Network

i hope its a success, because i want a sequel. :)
also the devs have said, if the game is a success . dlc would be on its way, here is to hoping.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

When I get a Wii U (and I absolutely positively will when I can), I hope there's a demo for this game. I'd love to at least try it to see if the "like Metroid with zombies" description is as good as it sounds.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Really good Survival Horror, shows how far off the mark Resident Evil currently is. I like how the gamepad is integrated and the graphics are good. The perma-death is brilliant, I was a gleeful kid again when I realized that I was about to kill my former self who had been turned into a zombie. Highly recommended.

8.5/10

If you follow the tips that superchunk gives in the OP then you will like this game. Most importantly you need to kill and loot your previous self. The problem with game is that gamers are now programmed to have their hand held and spoon fed everything.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Im getting it, i dont trust reviewers anymore
one thing i dont agree with you SuperC, theres no way this game is better than classic RE games