By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - rayman legends sucked b@lls

Tagged games:

I got a chance to play the rayman demo at best buy today and it sucked balls.

Firstly -- this game could 100% be ported to wii/ps3 (if move exclusive) in addition to 3DS or vita.  maybe even kinect, not sure how good pointer control works there.  the second screen was completly unneeded as the core gameplay mechanic of "murray" is implemented identically to LBP pre-historic moves expect rayman used touch instead of pointer controlls but the interactions were exactly the same.

LBP prehistoric moves

Which brings me to the important part of why rayman sucks balls (as did LBP prehistoric moves).  playing as murray sucked balls.  rayman is suppose to be a platformer.  when i started playing i was playing as rayman and the game was starting out pretty good.  about 1 minute in they forced me to play as murray instead of rayman (rayman was operated by the game).  if you want to know what playing as murray is like ... buy a terrible iphone game like bubble pop.  all you do is touch the active part of the screen either poping bubles or cutting ropes or shifting platforms ....NOT what i want a rayman game for.

add to that the game keeps shifting from screen to gamepad and back.  it didn't feel natural at all .. all i got was on screen cues of stop looking here, now stop looking here.  it didn't add to the gameplay at all, it just frustrated me and slowed down the game.  in a lot of ways the shift from screen to screen felt like a quick time event.  by that i mean i felt like the game was playing me more than i was playing the game.  it kept taking control away from me and forces me to play the game exactly how it wanted it to be played.  all i had to to was tap, swipe right, swipe up, tap, look up, tilt, look down, rub, then swipe down.   it was exactly like a quick time event actually.

...now maybe this game would be more fun multiplayer.  i dunno, i can tell you i would never want to play as murray ever but if i could get someone else to so i could just play rayman i'd probably like it.  rayman was the one game i was really interested in for wiiU as rayman orgins was fantastic.  i'm soo disappointed in how legends played in single player.  absolutly aweful.

Around the Network

Rayman is homosexual confirmed.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Well, that really sucks! Weird since Origin was a really good game... But That's a forced gimmick if I ever saw one!!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

So, I still can't tell... did you like the game or not? :P

Seriously though, I've only played the game for a minute or two so all I can say for sure is that it looks beautiful. But I'm quite sure the game itself won't hold up to NSMBU, which is superb.

Rayman games arent very good to begin with

Around the Network
archbrix said:
So, I still can't tell... did you like the game or not? :P

Seriously though, I've only played the game for a minute or two so all I can say for sure is that it looks beautiful. But I'm quite sure the game itself won't hold up to NSMBU, which is superb.

no.

i must conceed that one, it looked amazing.

wish i could say.  the display only had game videos for everything but rayman so it was the only game i got to play.  i have a feeling you are right though.  no way NSMBU could be as bad as this.

DieAppleDie said:
Rayman games arent very good to begin with

origins was, imo.  plat'd it on vita and loved every second of it .. which truely adds to my current disappointment.

DanneSandin said:
Well, that really sucks! Weird since Origin was a really good game... But That's a forced gimmick if I ever saw one!!

i'm going to avoid that world as it is a dirty word here ... but sort of yes.  they seems more concerned about making use of features and using features to create fun.

http://nintendoeverything.com/interstitial.php?url=http://nintendoeverything.com/103112/you-can-play-through-rayman-legends-without-murfy-gamepad/

Aren't there 3 different levels in the demo? 2 where you play Rayman and only one where you play Murray?

I also think that the Murray gameplay doesn't really add something good to the game, but afaik only minor parts of the game require you to play him.