By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Unconfirmed: Square Enix Holding Special Conference Early Next Year, New Final Fantasy Versus XIII Details Expected

Tagged games:

http://thesilentchief.com/2012/11/15/unconfirmed-square-enix-holding-special-conference-early-next-year-new-final-fantasy-versus-xiii-expected/

Nearly 2 years have passed since Square Enix first demonstrated in game footage of its upcoming action rpg to the public.

While details surrounding the long awaited Final Fantasy Versus XIII continue to be secluded for another year, word on the street suggests that the media blackout regarding Versus XIII may end as early as the new year.

According to the Final Fantasy grapevine, Square Enix is preparing a special conference to be held January 15th-17th. It’s rumored that Noctis and company will have their day in the sun once more after a two year absence as new in-game Final Fantasy Versus XIII footage is expected to be revealed. A new playable character will also reportedly be shown as well.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII won’t be the only rpg in the spotlight at this event, assuming the unconfirmed reports are to be believed. New details on Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy X HD are also on tap for the event.

While Square Enix has held a similar conference in Japan nearly two years ago which focused on all things Final Fantasy ( including Versus XIII ), we’ve been burned plenty of times in the past by rumors concerning the elusive PS3 exclusive.

Until this news is confirmed by those in the know, it would be wise if we all took the above information with a truck load of kosher salt before getting too excited.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network

I feel as though this game will suffer the same fate that befalls all games that take so long to be released. It won't match the heightened expectations of the consumer, regardless of how good it is.

Panama said:
I feel as though this game will suffer the same fate that befalls all games that take so long to be released. It won't match the heightened expectations of the consumer, regardless of how good it is.

.........Are we talking aout the same gagme here? Maybe you have forgotten what we are dealing with here...

As long as it is still a Fantasy Based on Reality, Action oriented combat, teloportation capable, Dark, over all still Nomura's vision I will be happy.

Greatness Awaits

Hello Square,

*ahem*

WHERE IS MY FFXIV:ARR BETA?! x.x

Sincerely,

wfz

forevercloud3000 said:
Panama said:

.........Are we talking aout the same gagme here? Maybe you have forgotten what we are dealing with here...

As long as it is still a Fantasy Based on Reality, Action oriented combat, teloportation capable, Dark, over all still Nomura's vision I will be happy.

Looks beautiful. This video is a year old too, surprised I never saw this.

Around the Network

To be honest, who cares?

I'm not even trying to troll...I just think that the consensus of people now find this side of Square Enix irrelevant.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

wfz said:
Hello Square,

*ahem*

WHERE IS MY FFXIV:ARR BETA?! x.x

Sincerely,

wfz

Ditto This^, with some Type-0 Localization for Vita on the side.

Greatness Awaits

Want. Want so bad.

If they showed off footage of this & Type-0 coming to the west in ANY form (except smartphone, I'm not a fan of gaming on smartphones) then I would be extremely happy.

Of course they could change tradition... but going by it, the true main problem with this game is that Final Fantasies are usually (almost always) released in the end of the year.

And since Lighting Returns is scheduled for the end of next year... I don't think they will put 2 PS3 FFs against each other. So that leaves end of 2014 (!!??) for this game in japan and Spring 2015 (????!!!!) for the localized version.

Well, I don't think they could be THIS much crazy.

SaviorX said:
To be honest, who cares?

I'm not even trying to troll...I just think that the consensus of people now find this side of Square Enix irrelevant.

Plenty of people still care. Everyone is trying to force themselve to NOT want this game only because to want it and still be waiting is too painful. Before the FFXIII stuff even went down, FF Versus XIII was the game to watch. SE did some polls that were saying people were far more interested in FF Versus XIII than FFXIII, before it went MP.

And when/if it finally comes out and if it actually turns out to be what it set out to be....every JRPG fan around will be clamouring for it. I think part of the reason SE has been forcing Nomura to stay quiet about the game is due to the fact everytime any news of it is mentioned, it overshadows everything else they are doing.. In order to keep fan focus the had to pretend like the game doesn't even exist, in hopes that the fans would forget it does for seconds long enough for them to concentrate on.....Lightning Returns :P.

I might end up changing my name to ForeverNoctis3000 once it comes out, everything about this game is screaming it might become my new favorite in the series.

Greatness Awaits