By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mass Effect 3 Wii U has technical issues (No Omega DLC either)

Tagged games:

Devs, Y U so lazy? :(

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
-----

So audio issues/frame rate issues and some parts of the original game missing? o.O?

Man EA is doing terrible, the trilogy collection sounds terrible and so does this xD. 

That's what you get for not playing ME1, ME2 and ME3 on the same system. The choices are important for the course of the game and if you can't make certain choices because they're not included in that comic prologue you won't get the full ME experience. (at least according to those who actually tried to find the differences in the story. I played them all on the same system.)

BasilZero said:
or if it's simply a benefit of the pad's lower resolution requiring the system to render fewer polygons

It still renders the same number of polygons but it has fewer pixels to worry about.

It's like saying the PS3 and X360 render fewer polygons if you hook it up to a SD TV.

I know.  Not really relevant to the topic but tech speak gaffes like that bother me.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Is that Commander Yao Shepard? Genius.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

BasilZero said:
Barozi said:
BasilZero said:
-----

So audio issues/frame rate issues and some parts of the original game missing? o.O?

Man EA is doing terrible, the trilogy collection sounds terrible and so does this xD. 

That's what you get for not playing ME1, ME2 and ME3 on the same system. The choices are important for the course of the game and if you can't make certain choices because they're not included in that comic prologue you won't get the full ME experience. (at least according to those who actually tried to find the differences in the story. I played them all on the same system.)

So is it safe to say its best to get the PC version? (making sure cause I wanna get the entire trilogy but when I heard the PS3 version being botched in terms of what DLC is available it is l0l)

I haven't catched up with the latest news of the Trilogy edition, so I really don't know why the PS3 versions sould be inferior now.
Other than that it's either the PC or the 360 version that has everything.

I know the WiiU version comes with some DLCs already in the box, but again this might be the case with the Trilogy edition as well ? I don't know.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Wtf, audio issues?? First time I've heard of something like that for ports.

I believe the Wii U uses an ARM chip as a DSP for audio rather than having the CPU handle audio.  Straight Right simply may not have become familiar with this method in time to tweak it before launch.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

BasilZero said:
Barozi said:
BasilZero said:
-----

So is it safe to say its best to get the PC version? (making sure cause I wanna get the entire trilogy but when I heard the PS3 version being botched in terms of what DLC is available it is l0l)

Yep, PC is the best platform to play the whole trilogy, imho.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Some how I knew this wouldn't end too well...

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

EA doesn't want the Wii U to be viable in anyway (which is understandable the two really don't get along), they'll reap any revenue gain for sales on the Wii U but they most likely want to send a message to core gamers who purchase the system that they will not be getting the best quality or the game at all.

Now, Nintendo enthusiasts will write "EA has crap games anyway, they will go bankrupt soon etc etc" but EA is not targeting those consumers, because the company knows they don't purchase their software anyway.

Just EA doing what they love: Maximizing profits.

Most people who care about these issues have already played Mass Effect 3 on a different platform anyway, so it probably won't hurt sales too much.