By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Heroes of Ruin Sales Dissapointing Says N-Space, Sequal Not Likely

Tagged games:

Did you Buy Heroes of Ruin?

Yes 10 10.75%

No 53 56.99%

Not Yet... I might think about picking it up 18 19.35%

see results 12 12.90%

Total:93

n-Space not happy with Heroes of Ruin sales, sequel not likely, concerned about Wii U

A portion of a SuperPhillip interview with n-Space's Dan O'Leary...

SP: Can you say anything about the sales of Heroes of Ruin (released over the summer)? Are you satisfied with how the game sold? Is there room for a possible sequel down the road somewhere?

D: No, we’re not satisfied with the sales. The 3DS attach rate is… challenging at best and it seems that, for all its promise, Heroes of Ruin did not appeal to enough of the installed base. I am super pleased with what we made and would love to return to the genre one day, but I fear that Heroes did not have enough commercial impact to justify a sequel.

SP: Shifting gears, the current buzz in the industry is all about next gen, and the Wii U kicks that off next month. I'd be amiss if I didn't ask you about the platform a little. What can you say (if anything) about the indie scene on the upcoming Wii U? Does it excite you as a developer?

D: Of course the hardware is exciting but the console market faces so many challenges right now. I’m concerned that Wii U tries to appeal to both the mainstream and the hardcore markets simultaneously. On one hand, Nintendo is trying to build on the massive success of the Wii, which uncovered a latent mainstream audience due to brilliantly simple, self-evident and un-intimidating motion controls. On the other, they are introducing the most complex controller in history. It has massive potential and I would NEVER bet against Nintendo, but I do think it will be a challenging launch.

Full Interview here

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=188728

Around the Network

That sucks. And it's not about to get any easier for them now that Nihilistic is calling itself NStigate. Now everyone will be terrified of buying one of n-Space's games for fear of getting yet another shitty reskin of Burning Skies.

Having played Heroes of Ruin, it's fantastic...
But they have nobody to blame but themselves for its poor performance...
If all of your efforts to promote a game consist of cheesy Facebook posts, then you shouldn't anticipate legitimate success...

Have a nice day...

Is no one going to blame Square-Enix here? WTF is wrong with you people?

SE must burn

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

Around the Network

the game is going to make 100k+ lifetime
honestly, it would be foolish to expect more from this kind of game on this platform in those markets at 45euro pricepoint with zero advertisement
you got your money back N-Space/SE, just try harder next time

i own the game, and i like it, i have put 60h on it

RolStoppable said:
Square-Enix is to blame. They haven't published a good game in years.

Theatrhythm and Deus Ex are good (not great) games.

This concludes the list. Good talk.

Not surprising. It needed better graphics to call peoples atention.

From the demo the game was good, and the online was too. It didnt resonate with the audience. Probably didnt help that it released on the shadow of Diablo 3.

There's no market for certain types of games on Nintendo platforms, that's all there is to it really.

Were it not for that video on the eShop of a guy playing this game, I probably would have gotten this game. The demo made the game look like shit. Don't demo something if it looks like crap. It's probably fun to play but it doesn't look fun watching somebody else play it.