By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo Demo at 4K Resolution Described as “Absolutely Stunning”

Tagged games:

Gran Turismo Demo at 4K Resolution Described as “Absolutely Stunning”

Polyphony Digital’s demonstration of a Gran Turismo tech demo running at “4K resolution” made quite a splash when it hit the news a few weeks ago.

The demo is on display and available to the public at the “Dramatic 4K Experience” hosted at the Sony Building in Tokyo, Japan, and hands-on impressions of the game are starting to appear around the web.

Aside from some screen-tearing and “pop-in” issues likely generated from the demo running on four independent PlayStation 3 consoles, the reviews are generally positive.

User “spats” on NeoGAF summarized his comments, describing the demo as “absolutely stunning”:

I’m giving off a negative impression but it really was absolutely stunning. The tunnel section in Eiger running at a 4K res and 60fps was some next level stuff.

Spats also shared gameplay footage of the demo in the YouTube clip above, though the benefits of 4K resolution will obviously not be apparent in such a video.

Keep in mind a version of this 4K game was first demonstrated back in 2008, and is unlikely to include any new features or changes which Polyphony Digital has or may be planning to implement for Gran Turismo 6.

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-demo-at-4k-resolution-described-as-absolutely-stunning/

Around the Network

Would love to see a full day/night cycle at the Nurb on that setup.

PS4 = 4 PS3 duck taped together confirmed? :P

wow, love tech-demos. sony is surely trying to push 4k-tvs!

Earth to Sony: think about making some money. Fast.

Around the Network
ECM said:
Earth to Sony: think about making some money. Fast.

how is this in anyway relevant to the topic at hand?

ot sounds great, i've really started getting into gt 5 recently

That sounds great! I would love to see it in person.

What I want is Big TV's with a 'soft screen' so you can curl it around you when playing alone - so it's like you are using 3 monitors, but without any seams or color shifting issues.

Once, I will the lottery, I will totally be ready for 4K! (or the price drops!)

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

I think this is amazing! Sony will clearly push 4K soon and I think the ps4 will support 4k games.. In 3/4 years time 4k will be everywhere and hopefully Sony can be at the top of it.

dahuman said:
PS4 = 4 PS3 duck taped together confirmed? :P

I'm gonna need 8 jobs to afford that! And another 8 to afford the 4k TV. Shiiiiiiiit.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

kowenicki said:
PS5 should be able to achieve that.

To achieve what? The text says the demo was "running" at 4k - there is nothing mentioned that the demo was *rendered* in 4k! When reading this I could also say all my x360-games are "running" at 1080p because that is what my tv says. This is what I also said when the rumor with "ps4 - 4k" came up...