By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Finally i have dark souls :)

Tagged games:

I haven't played it yet, shamefully, but if it's like Demon's Souls then starting class doesn't really matter much. You will likely become something very different before long. Royal was arguably the best for beginners, though, as I recall.

Around the Network

I guess there is no royal in Dark Souls. But IIRC, he started with better magic and a sweet ring, which was what made him advantageous.

Never mind me, then. I don't know shit about Dark Souls! But yes, if it's like Demon's Souls, then your starting class only really affects what you start out with and then ultimately your character can become whatever you want them to be. It's really a classless RPG.

Nice. Haven't played this one yet, but Demon's Souls was great. I was a warrior and liked it. This is the next game on my purchase list. Be prepared to die...alot.

Check out my video game music blog:

http://games-and-guitars.synergize.co/

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

He who hesitates is lost

You should start with the pyromancer.
The fire spell you start with will make the first part of the game alot easier.
You will also receive the spider shield that offer good protection (specially against poison) .

You can shape you character as you like as you progress and level up so don't worry.

BTW: Choose the "master key" gift.
You will thank me later :)

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

badgenome said:

I haven't played it yet, shamefully, but if it's like Demon's Souls then starting class doesn't really matter much. You will likely become something very different before long. Royal was arguably the best for beginners, though, as I recall.

What the hell man? I could have sweared I saw you have the Platinum for Dark Souls.

When r u gonna play it?

Btw I think I saw you started Skyrim recently.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
badgenome said:

What the hell man? I could have sweared I saw you have the Platinum for Dark Souls.

When r u gonna play it?

I platted Demon's Souls. Haven't bought Dark Souls yet. I'm scared of it! But I intend get it soon, maybe after I finish Skyrim. If I ever finish Skyrim.

nen-suer said:
You should start with the pyromancer.
The fire spell you start with will make the first part of the game alot easier.
You will also receive the spider shield that offer good protection (specially against poison) .

You can shape you character as you like as you progress and level up so don't worry.

BTW: Choose the "master key" gift.
You will thank me later :)

This exactly.

Good man! Don't worry about classes as you can shape your character any way you want as you play the game. Probably the only real advantage is the Theif because it has the special ability to open up locked doors, which might help you somewhat during a certain part of the game.

But, the key thing to remember is to GO SLOW! Don't try rushing or you WILL DIE...like, alot. Always plan how you're going to proceed ahead, and don't take risks. If you take risks, then you will likely die also. Only take risks if you're sure it will pay off.

In short, classes don't matter, never rush while you play, and don't take risks.

I don't know why people tell me to get a life. I'm a gamer, I have lots of lives!

I just bought Dark Souls finally as well. Go to the dark souls wiki, it will help you out a lot. Even though I played Demons Souls, Dark Souls is more difficult to figure out how things work, so I find the wiki helpful. The game is very trial and error even with a guide.

From what I read the warrior is a good melee beginner character, the knight as well being a tank character. Pyromancer is easy for starters as well if you plan on using magic. The bandit starts out very offensive, the theif has high dexterity and is more rounded for melee and magic but harder to use than a pyromancer and doesn't start out with magic capabilities. The sorceror is a great magic starting character but very weak at the start. Deprived is pretty much terrible.

I chose a theif just like in Demons Souls, but I am experienced. Dark Souls seems to have a higher starting difficulty because of its openness, though not being in human form doesn't half your health so I guess that is easier. Oh, the gifts are pretty meh. The master key can be found or bought and so can everything else. The witch's ring requires an item to trade to aquire, so that is the hardest to obtain I guess. That ring and the pendant are story items. The black firebombs can help you kill the first demon, though you can just avoid him.

I'm loving it so far, good luck.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

badgenome said:
Slimebeast said:
badgenome said:

When r u gonna play it?

I platted Demon's Souls. Haven't bought Dark Souls yet. I'm scared of it! But I intend get it soon, maybe after I finish Skyrim. If I ever finish Skyrim.

I envy you having platted Demon Souls. I probably won't be able to plat it now that the world tendency seldom changes and the planned world events are scarce.

I am close of platting Dark Souls though, I think I only got Knights Honor trophy left. I am having so much fun in Kiln of the First Flame. It's fun to join and watch all these nasty Japanese players who attack invaders as they bow lol.

But why u scared of Dark Souls?

Did u stop playing Skyrim already? Don't tell me you didn't at least like the atmosphere and music.