By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A game made for Gamecube is all time top selling on the Wii

Tagged games:

Nintendo is

doomed. 4 22.22%

doomed, again. 13 72.22%

Total:17

What game, you ask?

It's none other than, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. It sold globally for a whopping 6.57 millions worldwide.

source: VGChartz

Condition: Title does not contain 1 or more of these words: Mario, Party, and Wii

*Just Dance implies Party. So, it fails to meet the conditions.

** Mario, Party, and Wii are subliminal words that Nintendo use to mind control the sheeple to blindly buy up the game. Hence, failing the conditions.

*** Bros. implies Mario. So, it fails, too.

Conclusion: Nintendo failed hard this gen is obvious. Its best selling game sold less than 7 millions units worldwide. To add insult to injury, the game was made for Gamecube.

Around the Network

There's Super Smash Bros. Brawl, that accordinf yo your criteria should be counted.

This topic fails.

Andyliini said:

There's Super Smash Bros. Brawl, that accordinf yo your criteria should be counted.

This topic fails.

I second this. QFT

WiiU/Wii/3DS/DS/Xbox360/PS3/PSP Owner 
3DS FC: 1032-1246-9162  (Nacho)
Nintendo Network ID: Zap786
If you add me, please let me know to add you back

Andyliini said:

This topic fails.

Updated.

If only Nintendo had named Mario Party 9 "Mario Party Wii," it would have instantly become the best-selling game of all time... think of the wasted sales potential...

Around the Network

Just goes to show how strong the games were on the purple lunchbox, Still kicking on after it's death.

Anyway your thread fails even under your own conditions.

Galaki said:

*** Bros. implies Mario. So, it fails, too.

So, every game with Bros. in it is now a Mario-game?

Still not impressed.

Also, this is like going to SNES, and say that every game with Mario, Donkey or Super doesn't count. By this logic the highest crossing game by Nintendo would be Killer Instinct with 3.42 million copies sold Worldwide. It's so easy to make anything look bad.

I think his point is the title "Super ____ Bros." may fool some people into thinking of another game with a similar title structure. Add to the fact that Mario is on the front of the box, and you've got an instant mega-hit.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

The forums have been really active lately... Amazing how much ports can sell.

And I came in here expecting something serious. I should have know.

Well played.