By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why do Wii 1st party exclusives sell more than P$3 and Xbox$60? - A Comparison

Tagged games:

Oh now you've done it.
I wonder if that SEGA bunker still exists...

Around the Network

Nintendo is dominant.

But the haters will come in here hating....

Because 3rd Parties hate the Wii.

Fascinating.

Because it still has a much higher userbase and is therefore not nearly as comparable as the HD twins.

It's like a comparison between DS and PSP exclusives.

Oh and because of horrid third party support.

Around the Network

Actually, the Wii isn't that much higher than the PS3 & 360. When you exclude any games with 'Wii' in the title, the list would be virtually identical.

I'm sure if the PS3 had games with 'PS3' in the title, they would sell as much as those Wii games. The difference is: Sony doesn't implement dirty tactics for sales like Nintendo does. Sony wants to earn success. That doesn't include putting the name of the console in a game's title to mislead consumers.

The only reason Wii games sell so much is because game have the word 'Wii' in their title.

I think Wii Sports and Kinect Adventures! have to be removed from the list.

Other question: Is Wii selling anything else than first-party game???

Because we all know how dominantly Wii software sold compared to the HD twins. It's much more fair and interesting to compare PS3 and 360.

Nintendo Exclusives appeal to a broader range of people, just not necessarily what are considered "hardcore" gamers. I use quotation marks because about half of people who claim to be hardcore gamers are just interested in FPS games. Nintendo owns the market for unique, one off experiences, as well as the casual gaming scene (for now).