By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokémon Black or White? HALP ME!

Tagged games:

Black or White?

Black 9 45.00%

White 7 35.00%

Pie... lots and lots of delicious pie. 4 20.00%

Total:20

Buy both and play side by side. You get to enjoy quad screens gaming way before Nintendo will put one out.

Around the Network

Black has better mons.

Love and tolerate.

I think that the only difference between them is what legendary Pokemon you get, a few exclusive Pokemon to each game, and a couple of towns are different. But you might as well wait for Black 2 or White 2 since they're coming out in about a month, and should have even more content.

Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)

Bristow9091 said:
Flanneryaug said:
I think that the only difference between them is what legendary Pokemon you get, a few exclusive Pokemon to each game, and a couple of towns are different. But you might as well wait for Black 2 or White 2 since they're coming out in about a month, and should have even more content.

... Yeah but why play the sequel and not the first game in the series? I raged at my friend because he played Uncharted 3 without the first two... he missed out on the best game in the trilogy, Uncharted 2 D:

Yeah, you're right. I would just choose the game that has whichever of the 2 legendary Pokemon that you like more, and get the same color for the sequel, since the sequel has Kyruem in the form of the opposite legend.

Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)

Around the Network

I just started White yesterday, chose it over Black solely because the Monster on the cover looked better. =P My first Pokemon game in 5 years, I forgot how good these games are.

Bristow9091 said:

Seriously though, it actually makes no difference which version I buy, except obviously the good guys and bad guys will be portrayed the other way around, like the older Pokémon games, right?

Did you buy Black or White, which one should I go for?

No, that was only true in Ruby and Sapphire where Team Aqua and Magma were the villians or your allies depending on the game. The main differences are the exclusive Pokemon, including the legendary Pokemon on the cover and whether you are able to access Black City or White Forest.

Black & White:

Things Different: http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/versioncity.shtml

Pokemon Differences: http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/exclusives.shtml

I bought black... but never even reached Black City.

I just finished the main game, and thought it was SO awesome I couldn't even play more after the final battle and reach Black City! Haha, never even beat the Elite 4 and champion.

In the end, unless you plan to complete the pokédex you can choose whichever you want