By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Resistance 3 thoughts

Tagged games:

So I just finally finished Resistance thought I'd share my thoughts and start a discussion on it.  So I really liked the game's style, they really showed off just how in ruin the world is.  Little pockets of resistance as you travel along through the U.S.  The crazies who ran the prison and used Chimera as game.  It was all well done, though I was a bit dissapointed with the ending, which I'll get to later.  The gameplay itself felt a bit generic, but I find most shooters generic.  I liked the weapons, and the weapon wheel was really welcomed return (Though I never played Fall of Man) vs the two weapon system in Resistance 2.  I never tried coop so I can't comment on it and I'm probably trading the game in so I won't be able to try it.  Now for the ending, I was a bit confused and dissapointed. 

The last fight was a bit anti-climactic, I mean fighting those two brutes weren't a challenge.  The sequence were you were falling down was interesting, but didn't do too much to enhance the ending scene and was weird falling into the hellicopter the way Capelli did.  And they didn't really explain the repercussions of the tower getting destroyed.  Like why the tower was important for the chimera and how that affected their... army I guess.  They didn't really go into why the chimera stopped converting people, or fighting each other in general.  So for that I was a bit dissapointed.  What were your thoughts?  Was there something I was overlooking and made me understand something less?  I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Around the Network

The final mission was to bring down the Terraformer onto the nearby Chimeran tower. This would have given them leverage on their survival war because it would have wiped out all the chimera in a certain radius; and helped close the wormhole that was opened.

The Terraformer not only cleared land (what the laser does), it also manipulated weather so that the "Pure" Chimera would find the planet hospitable. Hence the cold weather.

Their methods of converting people started changing in the second game, and eventually they grew the army they desired and were only clearing the planet of whatever's left.

Yes, they did go into all of that.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

I thought the game was the second best in the franchise. I really enjoyed the first one, everything from campaign to the multiplayer.

Imo, the third one didn't deliver multiplayer wise. It just didn't draw me in like the first, or even like the second one did. But the campaign was stellar. Graphics were okay, the resolution is very noticeable which bothered me most in particular levels like when you fight Satan. Weapons were great and what a fan would expect from Insomniac Games. Art style was good, boss fights were well done. I especially like the level with the Widowmaker. Decent length unlike some recent shooters. Coop works great, but it's only for the main campaign this time around. Finally, I platinumd it.

My biggest gripe with this franchise is that they got rid of the 'shoot-from-the-hip' gameplay style which made the first one a lot better. (It even had a Half-Life vibe to it). 

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Resistance is bad ass. It's sad that not many people bought the last game, it was so much better than the second and a close race with the first. I liked the second as well from the story perspective but the whole trying to make it a sci fi call of duty really killed what was great about the game in the first place. I'd hope some time before the end of the PS4 they will bring it back, but it's good to let it rest for awhile.

Solid-Stark said:

The final mission was to bring down the Terraformer onto the nearby Chimeran tower. This would have given them leverage on their survival war because it would have wiped out all the chimera in a certain radius; and helped close the wormhole that was opened.

The Terraformer not only cleared land (what the laser does), it also manipulated weather so that the "Pure" Chimera would find the planet hospitable. Hence the cold weather.

Their methods of converting people started changing in the second game, and eventually they grew the army they desired and were only clearing the planet of whatever's left.

Yes, they did go into all of that.

I know they explained most of it, I just missed the cold part.  Thing that I didn't get was how destroying the terraformer gave them a fighting chance, plus there were more no?  I mean, I get the chimera in the area were destroyed, but how does that help?

Around the Network

I'm not going to read this topic because I just started this game with a friend so I don't wanna read spoilers. All I can say is I'm loving the game, is by far the best of the series!

I still haven't gotten around to playing it, I liked the second one though.

Solid game. But I was plagued with glitches on Co-op mode. Resistance 1 was best though. Maybe because it was the 1st next gen shooter that I played. Good series but sounds like Insomniac lost their enthusiasm to give it a good finish.

R3 really brought this series back. Returning to the weapon wheel, much better pacing, and very good level design made this game the best in the series. I never play multi-player so I can't comment on that.

I was really pleased with this game because of just how bad R2 was. R2's two weapon system never gave any intensity, or surprise. So they went from a game were every moment was spoiling the next turn in the game, to a game that had you on your toes.

Another thing R3 did great was the atmosphere. R1 had a semi scary feel to it which gave way to a nearly Ratchet and Clank feel for the 2nd. Resistance 3 had the gritty feel you expect from a survival war game.

R3 was truly a great experience, and something that would be great to build on. Sadly, I think we won't see any more from this series, as it has lost way to much momentum from the R2 disaster. Glad to see more people getting around to it though.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Resistance 3 had the best campaign for me. Great journey, inspired by half-life 2's campaign. The cut scenes look amazing, they did a great job with the lighting.
The game play was fine for me. Shooters are a lot more enjoyable if you're not restricted to 2 weapons at a time, and Resistance has a lot of fun weapons to use. No health regen brought the adrenaline back a bit too. It's much nicer to have the relief of a health pack after a painful struggle to get there on your last bit of health.
I did not play co-op or multiplayer, not interested. Resistance's 2 8 player co-op was a lot of fun, but this time I was not feeling it. I played through the campaign another time instead.