By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Ranking Game - Final Fantasy XIII - We're back!

Tagged games:

What did you think when reading the OP?

This guy sure knows how t... 13 27.66%

360 version has longer legs 3 6.38%

I wonder if Runa has posted yet? 9 19.15%

Oh.. this won't end well 4 8.51%

Yay! It's back! 2 4.26%

Couldn't pick a better game for the revival? 7 14.89%

This game has the best Lightning in gaming 6 12.77%

Total:44

I love Final Fantasy 13, 9 out of 10 it was a good story and had a great gameplay feel. Lightning is my second favorite video game character of all time.

Around the Network

Awesome it's back!

9.2/10!

7.5/10 The worst main line Final Fantasy I have ever played. I will write up a much longer opinion later. I tell you Pritiesh do not play this game unless you are already a FF fan who is ready to be dissapointed and even if you are not, play an older one.

8.0/10
I'm not going to try to sell anyone on it. If it looks like something you would be interested in, go for it!
It was a good game. Things could get boring but that's one of my biggest complaints.

NintendoPie said:
8.0/10
I'm not going to try to sell anyone on it. If it looks like something you would be interested in, go for it!
It was a good game. Things could get boring but that's one of my biggest complaints.

So which do you own a 360 or a PS3?

Around the Network
chocoloco said:
NintendoPie said:
8.0/10

So which do you own a 360 or a PS3?

I don't own either. My brother owns a PS3 and I wanted to try FF XIII out so I got it.

4.2, and that's being generous. It was terrible.

8.8/10
The characters where mostly generic like in the most jRPG´s but Lightning and Szaszh(the black guy) where very interesting and made me really care. The others where just random people. The visuals are as good as it gets, and the setting was awesome. The Characters looked fantastic. The story was really complex and it took some time to get going but after you get the hang of it, it becomes very interesting. The combat system was challenging and the paradigms where a nice idea. Only the ending kinda sucked, because it was this Disney cartoon ending.

5/10. Too linear, uninteresting characters, not enough sidequests, poor levelling mechanics, no freedom over party choice for too long, and just not Final Fantasy enough. It was totally average and deserves a totally average score.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

9.5/10.0

FFXIII isn't just a game it is a social commentary, a psychological experiment & an extremely expensive artistic vision.

Let us take the example of a rose. It is known for its shocking beauty and fragrance yet a painful secret lies within; if you hold it too hard your skin will be left broken by the thorns.

You will experience the feeling of being a rose by playing this game. On the outside everything is very pretty and serene, but inside lies a deadly tragic tale...will you discover it?

Next imagine the life of a lab rat. Enclosed in a container, day in & day out...with no hope in sight. Round and round on the mini treadmill it goes...maybe till the end of time?........ BOOOM...one day an explosion kills the mad scientist & frees the rat from its cage...now the rat has a big world to explore all by itself..freed from the shackles of its box.

You will experience how it feels to be free like the rat did after days of being enclosed with this game. For a lot of the game you may feel trapped, but then one day freedom will come to you...but will you survive it?

I urge you to purchase the title and begin the FFXIII Dramatic Saga Epic which will end next year with the release of LIGHTNING RETURNS : Final Fantasy XIII.

**link to basilzero's post for everything else**

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey