By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 2D or 3D Zelda?

Tagged games:

2D or 3D Zelda?!

2D is more hardcore! 15 29.41%

3D is prettier! 27 52.94%

As long as I can date Zelda... 9 17.65%

Total:51

In which dimension should the Zelda-series exist?

Ever since I joined this forum I have seen people longing for another 2D Zelda. Heck, some people even seem to consider the 3D Zeldas inferior and that the franchise should go back to its 2D roots. Id rather have Zelda in glorious 3D HD, but married with a few of the things that made the 2D games so great.

How about the rest of you? Who wants the franchise back in 2D, and who wants Zelda in 3D? And why? Please motivate your choice!

This?

Or this?

EDIT: And could a 2D Zelda sell as well as 3D Zelda?! We've seen the recent success of 2D Mario - but could Zelda do the same thing?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

Both. I don't feel as though having one option should mean not having the other.

3D
Only it should be a natural evolution of Ocarina of Time and not weird like the 3D zeldas that came after it.
Maybe have a 2D series on the side.

I LOVE ICELAND!

You need both. They both have their strengths. I would love a new 2d Zelda for the Wii U.

2d. A link to the past>Ocarina of Time.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network

2nd pic isnt working here :(

To be honest I like both ... oot and alttp were both great.
But I don't think a 2D zelda will sell nowadays.

My first Zelda game was Twilight Princess on the Wii, since then I became a Zelda fan and pretty much played every 3D Zelda game. I would love to start playing the 2D Zelda games starting with Link To The Past. I'll have an opinion about this topic when I finish a 2D Zelda game.

Wii U Demos in *FPS* View  ;)
http://www.youtube.com/user/PxDxI

3D

AndrewWK said:
3D

ok... and why is that?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Both, undoubtedly.

Portable ones should be 2D and console one 3D, that's how I see it.