By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Let's Play: Pokemon Sapphire - Nuzlocke Run

Tagged games:

Alright, people expressed some interest in this, so here it goes.

Let's Play a Nuzlocke Run of Pokemon Sapphire!

The Rules I'll be following are simple. It will be a regular game of Pokemon except

1. Only the first Pokemon in an area can be captured.

2. All Pokemon captured received a Nickname.

3. Fainting = Permadeath, ala Fire Emblem

For more info on Nuzlocke runs, visit here.

Skipping the intro...

Let's get Started! But first, I have to ask you guys an important question:

Everybody chime in!

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network

Sorry I don't understand, how does this works?

Nintendo and PC gamer

osed125 said:

Sorry I don't understand, how does this works?

I'll be playing a "Nuzlocke" Run of Pokemon Sapphire. For more info on those runs, check the link in the OP. I'll post my journey onto this thread in the forms of screenshots and text. At points, I'll ask the audience for advice, nicknames, suggestions, etc. For instance, I'm asking if I should play with the male or female avatar. There's no real difference, but I'd like to see how you guys react to this sort of question.

Love and tolerate.

oh cool ;) then be a boy

Nintendo and PC gamer

Be a guy Salnax!

Around the Network

Tagged ;o

(Be a boy)

Dang I was going to record this series, but it was taking a while to get working properly xD Nvm

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Looks like I'll be male!

Yes, that is my real name. Any problems?

I never understood why you start the game in the back of a truck...

Anyway, once I got out, I explored town! Not much to see, other than a girl my age across the street. I'd show her my Pocket Monster, har har har. Anyway, time to check Professor Elm out in his lab.

Apparently he's out in the field.

He's getting cornered by a level two ComMon... our Mentor ladies and gentlemen!

Anyway, I guess I have to save him. It's time for about the only chance we'll have all game to pick a Pokemon folks!

Our Choices:

1. Treecko - The Grass Pokemon - Treecko is a Special Speedster. It relies on using Special Attacks and striking first to defeat a foe quickly. It will be useful against the 1st and 8th Gym Leaders, plus Team Aqua. However, it will be weak against Gym Leaders number 4, 6, and 7, not to mention an Elite Four member and the Champion.

2. Torchic - The Fire/(Fighting) Pokemon -Torchic is all about Firey and Fighting offensive attacks. Although a bit better at Special Attacks, it is also good enough at Physical attacks to get by using Fighting moves. However, it lacks in the defense department. It will be useful against the 3rd and 5th Leaders, along with one of the ELite 4 and the Champion himself. However, it'll be weak against the 1st, 6th, 7th, and 8th gyms and Team Aqua,.

3. Mudkip - The Water/(Ground) Pokemon - This mematic favorite is the bulkiest of the starters, with the best general physical stats and defenses. However, it is lacking in Special in general and Speed in particular. It is useful against Gyms Number 1, 3, 4, and 7. However, it's typing makes it vulnerable to Gym Leader 6.

Who should I pick?

Love and tolerate.

Pick Mudkip! ;o

Mudkip's 2 evolved forms are Water/Ground types! Immunity to electric-type attacks! ;o

Torchic FTW!