By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Skyrim: Dawnguard in danger of not releasing at all. 'Dawnguard PS3 issues “not a problem we’re positive we can solve”'

Tagged games:

Skyrim: Dawnguard on the ps3....do you still want it?

Skyrim alone is enough, No Dawnguard is fine 1 3.23%

I have faith, Dawnguard w... 2 6.45%

I gave up on Skyrim and the likes ages ago 4 12.90%

Skyrim/Dawnguard was awfu... 2 6.45%

Bethesda are truly overra... 15 48.39%

PS3 fails once again 7 22.58%

Total:31

By OPM's Leon Hurley

Dawnguard PS3 issues “not a problem we’re positive we can solve”

[UPDATE: Someone on Twitter asked Pete Hines, Bethesda PR VP, "is Dawnguard playable on PS3, as it is now?" to which he replied, "Yes, it just doesn't perform well in all scenarios. Some folks would be fine, some would not". He also adds "every save game is different" as an explanation.

We'll it looks like we might never get Dawnguard on PS3. Gstaff, an administrator on the Bethesda forums has posted a message about the previous Dawnguard PS3 quality issues stating that, "We have tried a number of things, but none of them solve the issue enough to make Dawnguard good for everyone."

Dawnguard PS3 problems

Here's the full statment. The short of it is 'it's broken and we don't think we can fix it'.

Earlier in the month, we provided an update on Dawnguard's status for PS3.

It's been a few weeks, and we wanted to make sure everyone knows where we're at with Dawnguard. Skyrim is a massive and dynamic game that requires a lot of resources, and things get much more complex when you're talking about sizable content like Dawnguard. We have tried a number of things, but none of them solve the issue enough to make Dawnguard good for everyone. The PS3 is a powerful system, and we're working hard to deliver the content you guys want. Dawnguard is obviously not the only DLC we’ve been working on either, so the issues of adding content get even more complicated. This is not a problem we’re positive we can solve, but we are working together with Sony to try to bring you this content.

We wish we had a more definitive answer right now. We understand the frustration when the same content is not available on all platforms. When we have an update, we will certainly let you know. We deeply appreciate all the time and support you have given us, and we’ll keep doing our best to return that.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

I bought the game at launch for PS3. Didn't like it at all and felt it was extremely overrated and boring, so I sold it. (Definitely prefer Jrpgs) Recently i've decided to play it again as I was extremely bored and needed to take my mind off of some things. I figured a game as large and filled with so many things to do would entertain me for awhile and I was right! I'm actually having a blast playing it now! I really don't know what changed how I felt about the game, but I remember being extremely hateful towards it, probably due to everyone I knew not being capable of talking about anything else for what seemed like forever. But i'm glad I tried it again, been playing it nonstop for a few days.

Thing is, i've been playing it on PC. I didn't play enough of the PS3 version, but I hear PC is the best version anyway, and using console codes to fix certain bugs is a real perk. I actually just finished the Dawnguard quest on Dawnguard side and I made a new character to experience the Vampire Lord side.

So, because I pretty much just ignored Skyrim for the longest time and didn't bother reading about anything relating to any version of the game, I was pretty shocked to learn that Dawnguard isn't out for PS3. Is there a certain reason? Is Bethesda saying it's the PS3's fault for being more difficult to develop for? Or is it more of a favoritism thing?

Even though I'm all set with the PC version, it's still really sad to hear how badly PS3 users get shafted with this game.

Skyrim wasn't so great, I did play it for over 80 hours but most of those hours mere meh.
I never had major issues with Skyrim ps3 apart from some bad FPS drops in cities and had worse experiences with New Vegas which I loved anyway. The World of Skyrim just doesn't interest me and I don't really care if dawnguard comes or not.

No real loss to me to be truthful.

I bought Skyrim day 1 , never really had the problems that many people seemed to have with the PS3 version, but after the initial great impressions the game quickly became very dull and It felt like a complete chore to beat the game, unless the series gets a revamp I'll probably skip it next time.

Damn...that's a shame for PS3 gamers who like Skyrim. The Dawnguard DLC was awesome!

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
"This is not a problem we’re positive we can solve, but we are working together with Sony to try to bring you this content."

LOL they cant solve it but want to release it ? fuck you bathesda , i hope sony dont let them put this shit on psn ...

You know damn well Sony will bend over for Bethesda

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Wouldn't be anything new for Bethesda. Their games always seem to have a ton of bugs..... but that doesn't stop me from loving Fallout 3, Fallout NV and Skyrim....

BasilZero said:
Meh wanted at first to get Skyrim for PS3 but guess I'll be getting it for PC for sure since it doesnt seem like they'll be fixing it anytime soon.

get the inevitable goty version

So . . . this is essentially like every other Bethesda ever released on the PS3, except this time, they are considering not releasing it to spare themselves the inevitable deluge of complaints. I say "go ahead and release it;" I don't think anyone really expected anything better.

shuraiya said:

So . . . this is essentially like every other Bethesda ever released on the PS3, except this time, they are considering not releasing it to spare themselves the inevitable deluge of complaints. I say "go ahead and release it;" I don't think anyone really expected anything better.

But it seems this time around they've excelled at sucking