By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I've never seen the forums as dead as they are right now

Tagged games:

Why so little activity?

We banned the trouble makers 13 16.05%

School's in 13 16.05%

The industry is slow 25 30.86%

Nintendo has taken over 22 27.16%

Other (please explain) 8 9.88%

Total:81

And I want to know why.

I mean, for as long as I can remember, the forums have been the life blood of VGChartz.  Every few seconds, the new topic would be different.  Much of the time, by the time I finish typing a post in a particular thread, somebody else will have already posted.  I'd skip out on the site for a few hours and the whole front page would be different.

Look at it now.  It's been hour since some of the front page topics have been posted in.  My "Forum Buddy" (aka VGChartz Buddy) is totally green except for three topics.  The second page, which usually contains threads that went a couple of hours without posting now contain threads that haven't been posted in for about 12 hours.

Is VGChartz dying?

Why so little forum activity?  Have we lost our touch?  Are gamers going elsewhere for the sweet loving that they used to get right here?  Did we ban the more controversial members that made this place exciting?  Every hero needs a bad guy.  Is the industry just that slow right now?  Is it because of school (and if that's the case, may God have mercy on us because the weekends have ALWAYS been dead around here? 

I've asked a lot of questions.  Anybody got answers?

Around the Network

This is my question as well, there seems to be so few new topics going up nowadays, and the ones which are, are either clone threads or pointless threads for the posts. I get we're coming towards the end of the gen, but it still doesn't explain why so few new topics go up each day...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Isn't it like 8 AM EST? lol

Ok ok, I'll work on those couple of threads I have rolling in the back of my mind.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

It's quite good these last few weeks... it has been much worse..
Hot topics 29 March 2012

31 March 2012

I mean 15 minutes or more with no single member posting is looong...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
Boutros said:
Isn't it like 8 AM EST? lol

It's 1-3PM in Europe, and you've gotta concede at least half of the people on this site are from Europe (mainly the UK). So I don't think the timing is the problem.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

one reason could be that there are always one or two users who think they have to derail every thread about a console they don't own or like or a game for that system. it really makes no fun to open a thread or post in it when you know there will be some idiot derailing the thread and there won't be a normal discussion anymore then.

that's as example the reason why i didn't post in some threads.

but i think it's not as bad the last weeks as it was the weeks before.

2 PM here. It is really quite lately in the gaming, movie and TV world. That is depressing

For you guys saying "It's early", this is something that I've been thinking about for the last couple of days. The site has been dead. It was when I woke up this morning and saw that almost nobody has been posting, even throughout the night.

I think its a lack of community building. For all the flack NeoGAF gets, they have some awesome game related communities (such as their fighting game forum which I am a big fan of and contributor to). You can be a fighting game novice or an expert and find something relevant to discuss in that particular post.

For the most part here its more of a group of people eager to cast down another group (whether it be their personal video game systems, their gameplay experiences, their gaming knowledge, their sports team, their religion, etc). That why for the most part, at least to me, all the forums look generic and so similar, you really cant build anything off that.