By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destruictoid: Black Ops II reinvents the multiplayer experience

Tagged games:

AMAZING NEWS FOR THE FRANCHISE WITH THE MOST FUNNY MP EVER!!!

Black Ops II reinvents the multiplayer experience

Call of Duty: Black Ops II broke retail records a mere 24 hours after the public debut of the single-player campaign. An impressive feat, considering that multiplayer, the franchise's bread and butter, wasn't even shown off until just a week ago.

It's a good thing for fans that Treyarch isn't a studio who would just settle for minor refinements, then. They very well could have, but instead, the team has rebuilt the multiplayer system so much that you would be forgiven for thinking they're insane.

The Create-a-Class system as you've known it from past Call of Duty games -- and pretty much all first-person shooters these days -- is dead. Treyarch challenged the assumptions of what multiplayer in an FPS should be and has created something that makes the Call of Duty experience feel fresh again.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II (PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 [previewed])
Developer: Treyarch
Publisher: Activision
Release: November 13, 2012

Read more: http://www.destructoid.com/black-ops-ii-reinvents-the-multiplayer-experience-232613.phtml 

Around the Network

No one cares about Call of Duty in this forum. Only the world likes CoD like me lol.

Hey, I think it looks great. I'm glad they are re-doing the way COD multiplayer is layed out. At least they dare to make the risky changes.

I must admit though Im more excited about the supposed very ambitious and expansive work they have put into the Zombies Survival mode. :)

If Halo 4 wasn't coming I might care a little bit.

But for 2 years running I haven't played COD. Theres better games out there imo.

I care! LOL. I'm mostly looking foward to surving hordes of the undead in zombie mode. If the multiplayer is great , well that's just icing on the cake.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

AMAZING NEWS FOR THE FRANCHISE WITH THE MOST FUNNY MP EVER!!!

in your opinion

Show me da zombiez

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

IGN: Halo 4 reinvents the mp experience...

Allfreedom99 said:

Hey, I think it looks great. I'm glad they are re-doing the way COD multiplayer is layed out. At least they dare to make the risky changes.

I must admit though Im more excited about the supposed very ambitious and expansive work they have put into the Zombies Survival mode. :)

I wish I could adopt this attitude but I find COD too damn addictive, but MW3 only lasted me 3 weeks.

Blops 2 looks good but it really isn't doing anything radical. Just more futuristic (potentially annoying) equipment thats all. Now Halo 4, that really is changing the formula, vastly advanced over previous games.

As much as I don't care about Cod, I can't help but feel like the talent at Treyarch and Infinity Ward is going to waste on making nothing but Cod year after year. Imagine what could've been if Activision had used its huge budget on nurturing creativity in these 2 studios instead of incremental improvements on basically the same game.

Babble babble bitch bitch rebel rebel party party sex sex sex and don't forget the violence. Blah blah blah got your lovey-dovey sad and lonely stick your stupid slogan in. Everybody sing along.