By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bethesda's odd tweet about Dawnguard exclusivity - *Update*

Tagged games:

Don’t hold your breath for Dawnguard on PC and PS3

Bethesda hasn’t exactly been a shining star in the eyes of PS3 gamers lately, and it looks like that won’t change anytime soon. as it turns out, the Dawnguard expansion for Skyrim might not be coming to PC and PS3 after all.

Pete Hines, Bethesda’s VP of Marketing and PR, stated on Twitter that so far, Dawnguard has not been officially announced on any platform other than Xbox 360.

"We have not announced Dawnguard for any other platform, nor given a timeline for any such news. If we have news, I promise I’ll tell you."

He then tweeted something else:

"I was simply stating that expecting/demanding something today is unfounded. Not that news is never coming."

This will surely be disappointing to PS3 players, and probably more so to the PC guys, seeing as the series has always marked them as the primary audience. We’ll see how this story continues to develop. Make sure to follow OnlySP for more shining stars.

http://www.onlysp.com/2012/07/26/dont-hold-your-breath-for-dawnguard-on-pc-and-ps3/

The "not that news is never coming part seems hopeful that it will come out one day, but the whole thing still seems really odd.  I assume the reason this has come about is because 360 DLC exclusivity normally lasts 30 days before it times out (may be wrong on that), so perhaps Dawnguard is gonna stay only on Xbox.  Which is a rather big blow to the other two audiences.

Around the Network

Seems blown out of proportion. This is just the usual "only on Xbox 360!!!!!!!!!1 (until next month or something)" song and dance.

skyrim works fine on my ps3. I have 80hrs into the game and it only froze up once.

I agree, they can't get a game right on PS3 anyway so why bother.. No loss to them or gamers.

Don't be silly. Like those guys who still think PS3 will get a exclusive GTA ps2 style.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Around the Network

I'm not surprised that this DLC may not come to the PS3 in the end, considering how bad Bethesda treats ps3 owners.

But not coming to PC is a very strange decision from Bethesda.

Seems like the stupidest decision ever, but, well, there you go I suppose.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

zumnupy10 said:
I'm not surprised that this DLC may not come to the PS3 in the end, considering how bad Bethesda treats ps3 owners.

But not coming to PC is a very strange decision from Bethesda.

Agreed. Personally, no PC means no sale for me.

I would have pirated it anyway

AndrewWK said:
I would have pirated it anyway

You people from Balkans make me sick