By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which is your favorite sprite based Zelda game.

Tagged games:

Which is your favorite sprite based Zelda game?

The Legend of Zelda 10 14.93%

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link 6 8.96%

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past 31 46.27%

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening 6 8.96%

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons 4 5.97%

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages 3 4.48%

The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap 7 10.45%

The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords 0 0%

Total:67

Funny enough, for me it is currently Zelda II. I loved the complexity of battle and the RPG elements added to the series, in this game.

How about you? And why?

Around the Network

Zelda 4 swords
amazing co-op fun

Link's Awakening is simply fantastic.

A Link to the Past.

It's not like I think it's the best or anything. I don't know why I do this. But I replay The Minish Cap about twice a year. I just keep coming back to it. I think that qualifies it as my "favorite."

Around the Network

Link to the Past, IMO. It just strikes me as the biggest, most polished, grandest adventure. Which is not to say that other entries don't have strengths.

Love and tolerate.

the_dengle said:
It's not like I think it's the best or anything. I don't know why I do this. But I replay The Minish Cap about twice a year. I just keep coming back to it. I think that qualifies it as my "favorite."

I really need to pick up that game and give it a try. This is one of the Zelda games that I wish I had played.

the_dengle said:

This is exactly why I said favorite, not best. Because my favorite game in a series, is often not what I would consider the best in a series.

One of which that comes to mind is that of rare and first sequel in the series is none other than Adventures of Link. Its complexity commands difficulty that is incomparable in all of the Zelda series. This game also introduced many abilities as well as many canonical elements that has since defined the overall storyline and gameplay withinin the entire Zelda universe.

In addition, this is where this all started:

A link to the past gets one more vote from here!

A link to the past destroys any other zelda game and lost of games in general. Everything about it is top notched. Also the freedom in the game should make other games envy(Compared to the later zelda games)

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you.