By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Far Cry 3 vs Crysis 3 - Dare I say it.....

Tagged games:

Far Cry 3 vs Crysis 3

Far Cry 3 b**ches! 24 53.33%

Ah Hell naw, Crysis 3 all the way! 21 46.67%

Total:45

There's been nothing interesting in the Crysis games since the first one. I'm sure Crysis 3 beats FC3 technically but other than that... Yeah, no doubt FC3 wins.

Around the Network

OMW didnt even know about the Crysis 3 gameplay trailer...

Thanks CGI will post my opinions soon. Although wasnt too impressed with Far Cry 3 visuals...looks decent though for current gen games.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

I prefer Far Cry 3's overall presentation,

Well I have FC 1 and 2 and I have Crysis 1, Warhead, and 2.

But other than playing Far Cry for ~30 minutes I haven't touched any of them yet. But they're on my to do list, so maybe someday.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Crysis just isn't a fun game IMO the suit is cool but with such shit AI it kills the fun like when steath runs out everybody knows where'd you are and that's annoying

Around the Network

Far Cry 3 looks better artistically on PC, not sure about technically.
On consoles, it's for sure going to be Crysis because FC3 looks atrocious on PS3. The pop in is insane, maybe if that gets fixed by release it'll look good, but it's still not on the same level as Crysis 2 let alone 3.

CGI-Quality said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

On consoles, it's for sure going to be Crysis because FC3 looks atrocious on PS3. The pop in is insane, maybe if that gets fixed by release it'll look good, but it's still not on the same level as Crysis 2 let alone 3.

I really feel Crysis 2 wasn't very special on consoles, particularly the PS3. Talk about horrifc pop-in, that was Crysis 2's forte on PS3, as well as blurry / flat environmental textures and some poor particle effects.

I'm with you on that it's visuals on consoles are over-rated, but I think it still looks very good, the foilage and lighting just looked gorgeous. I don't remember much pop-in, I do remember the blurry look to it though. Was that some sort of AA thing or was the resolution just a little low?

That FC3 footage on PS3 at E3 just looked really bad by todays AAA shooter standards, so it won't be hard at all for Crysis 3 to look better than that.

I expect Crysis 3 to 1-up Far Cry 3 in effects (won't comment on the consoles since I'm buying both on PC, so I mean it strictly) but I think artistically, aesthetically, and detail-for-detail, Far Cry 3 will top it. 

Agree, which is a little weird because Crytek created FC, and now it's in the hands of another developer and they seem to be beating them at their own game. 

CGI-Quality said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

I really feel Crysis 2 wasn't very special on consoles, particularly the PS3. Talk about horrifc pop-in, that was Crysis 2's forte on PS3, as well as blurry / flat environmental textures and some poor particle effects.

I'm with you on that it's visuals on consoles are over-rated, but I think it still looks very good, the foilage and lighting just looked gorgeous. I don't remember much pop-in, I do remember the blurry look to it though. Was that some sort of AA thing or was the resolution just a little low?

That FC3 footage on PS3 at E3 just looked really bad by todays AAA shooter standards, so it won't be hard at all for Crysis 3 to look better than that.

I expect Crysis 3 to 1-up Far Cry 3 in effects (won't comment on the consoles since I'm buying both on PC, so I mean it strictly) but I think artistically, aesthetically, and detail-for-detail, Far Cry 3 will top it. 

Agree, which is a little weird because Crytek created FC, and now it's in the hands of another developer and they seem to be beating them at their own game. 

Is it just me or does the movement in Crysis looks very unnatural. Far Cry looks much more "normal". that is what always bothered me in FPS'

hard to say for me since i only can watch it in 320p but one is for sure, far cry 3 looks very nice in 320p in a small window and i like the artstyle more than crysis 3 artstyle of what i could see.