By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Vita hardware + top 10 software sales in Japan.

Tagged games:

Sales data emerging out of Japan has revealed Sony’s hardware and software sales totals since launch. According to a report in Famitsu (via Andriasang), 790,633 Vitas have been sold in Japan in the nearly eight months since the system launched in December 2011. According to Sony, that figure is in line with the sales it was expecting, though previous reports suggested that Sony shipped as many as 700,000 Vitas for launch alone.

In addition, the top 10 best-selling Vita games in Japan so far have been revealed, adding up to a total of less than one million units overall. The full list is below, with the units sold to date in parentheses:

1. Persona 4: The Golden (188,782)
  2. Hot Shots Golf 6 (118,985)
  3. Uncharted Golden Abyss (89,390)
  4. Gravity Daze (74,785)
  5. Dynasty Warriors Next (74,718)
  6. 06: Tales of Innocence R (71,463)
  7. Lord of Apocalypse (69,162)
  8. Ragnarok Odyssey (65,318)
  9. Gundam Seed Battle Destiny (55,527)
  10. Disgaea 3 Return (54,902)

Sales of Vita have begun to improve in Japan, largely due to the success of Persona 4: The Golden. According to Famitsu’s report, Sony suggests that Japanese Vita fans will have more to look forward to in the near future, and that additional games could be announced at the upcoming Tokyo Game Show.

North American Vita sales still haven’t been revealed, though Sony announced that 1.2 million Vitas were sold worldwide as of February.

Source

Around the Network

I'm surprised Uncharted has done more than Gravity Daze. Maybe give it a month or 2 and GD will be on top.

I'll just quote one of my favorite old vgchart members who commented on the andriasang article:

CarminaSuva
2012-07-18
13:06

Vita money wins, sony games.

---------------------------------------
couldn't have said it better then carmina2008.. god I miss her on this site..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Andrespetmonkey said:
I'm surprised Uncharted has done more than Gravity Daze. Maybe give it a month or 2 and GD will be on top.

Never underestimate Drake! What were the release date for UC abyss and Daze for japan? 

Those software sales are pretty low- I wonder how many people digitally downloaded the games

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network
radishhead said:
Those software sales are pretty low- I wonder how many people digitally downloaded the games

I'd say add another 10/20% for digital sales

Uncharted is surprisingly popular in Japan. Thought they were all DETH TO WITE PIGGU over there.

Andrespetmonkey said:
radishhead said:

I'd say add another 10/20% for digital sales

I heard the percentage is much higher than 20%.

Panama said:
Uncharted is surprisingly popular in Japan. Thought they were all DETH TO WITE PIGGU over there.

CoD sells like 500.000 there, and that's a lot for a PS3 game in Japan.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Yeah, those Uncharted numbers are quite surprising. Then again, it was kind of the highlight of the launch. I expect Gravity Rush will overtake it soon.

But anyway, Japan. Y u no like WipEout :(