By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm really getting into Kid Icarus(NOT THE 3DS GAME)

Tagged games:

I recently picked up playing Kid Icarus on the NES(I'm playing it on the VC) and I am amazed. I'm not gonna lie, it's pretty hard at times but in a good way lol. It always makes me mad, but not mad enough to quit. I just realized what mallets do, so now I regret not getting as many in the early levels. Right now, I'm on the first boss, and I'm having a hard time. I can easily get to the boss, but I keep getting hit by mages on my way there and they turn me into some vegetable. While I'm the vegetable, I can't shoot, so I can't beat the boss. Any tips on how to transform back to Pit? i can't figure out and there was no answer in the digital manual. Also, the Cherubs don't seem to do any damage to the dragon. Is this just my imagination?

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network

It looks cool, but that's my problem. I always get the new sidecscrolling platformer game, but I always suck at it.
I generally just suck at all sidecrolling platformers.
New Super Mario Bros DS/Wii, DK Country Return, Super Mario World. I suck at all 2D games where you have hop on the enemy.
I always rush myself. I think that's the problem
But Kid Icarus isn't exactly like that.

But I'd probably still suck at it.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

its amazing how classic Nintendo (and Rare) games are still perfectly playable and enjoyable, im having a blast with Mario World and Donkey kong land for the GBpocket

Never played the original Icarus, if its on the 3ds eshop ill buy it right away sir

You have to go to the room in the Labyrinth that has the guy that uncurses you. He will transform you back to regular Pit. You can see the maps (if you want) at gamefaqs.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/nes/587380-kid-icarus/faqs

Also try to get as many points as you can in each level as that will increase your "health meter". It's tough at first, but with more health it becomes easier especially if you buy some water of life to refill your hit points. With a barrel you can hold up to 8 bottles. A feather is handy if you happen to fall.

Make sure you power up your weapon as well. It's very useful.

I cleared it on my 3DS (the VC version) a few months ago.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

smbu2000 said:

You have to go to the room in the Labyrinth that has the guy that uncurses you. He will transform you back to regular Pit. You can see the maps (if you want) at gamefaqs.

Also try to get as many points as you can in each level as that will increase your "health meter". It's tough at first, but with more health it becomes easier especially if you buy some water of life to refill your hit points. With a barrel you can hold up to 8 bottles. A feather is handy if you happen to fall.

So wait, is that the cross room? I was wondering what that room was for lol. I went in there, looked around(no one was there) and left confused. I never understood what mallets did until I finally checked the manual. I thought they were refilling my health lol.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network
homer said:
smbu2000 said:

So wait, is that the cross room? I was wondering what that room was for lol. I went in there, looked around(no one was there) and left confused. I never understood what mallets did until I finally checked the manual. I thought they were refilling my health lol.

I'm not sure what the name of the room is, but yeah I'm pretty sure it's empty (or nothing happens) unless you have the eggplant curse on you. If you go there with it on then the guy will uncurse you and you can continue on.

Oh and thank you, now I have the main theme stuck in my head! (it's a great song though! )

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

DieAppleDie said:
its amazing how classic Nintendo (and Rare) games are still perfectly playable and enjoyable, im having a blast with Mario World and Donkey kong land for the GBpocket

Never played the original Icarus, if its on the 3ds eshop ill buy it right away sir

I'm getting it on the 3ds when I get the XL so I can play it on the go. It's really good surprisingly. I hated it at first, but once I cleared the first level, I was hooked. It controls so well, which is surprising for older games. I would say the controls are perfect. I also am trying to beat Super Mario Bros. without any pipe warps. World 6- something. I think the farthest I've gotten is some black and white level in that world.

The vegetable-mage in question is an Eggplant Wizard.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
The vegetable-mage in question is an Eggplant Wizard.

lol. I wonder why they chose an Eggplant.

I played this alot 3 years ago on the Wii's VC. After trying to perfect the first level, I never made it through. Little did I know the first level is apparently harder than the rest of the game, as such I would have just done my best for lvl 1 to move forward to the next levels.

I'm a fighter so I'll get back to this someday soon.