By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Dear staff of Vgchartz, when will you people fix God of War III's sales numbers? It's been 2 weeks now.

Tagged games:

So I waited 2 weeks before making this thread so I don't get accused of spamming as a couple of similar threads on this subject have been made before. Come on Vgchartz, this game is proven to be massively undertracked as its sell-in number was 5.20 million as of the 30th May 2012 and Vgchartz did adjust the numbers up only then to mistakenly put them back to the pre-adjusted numbers.

Sales as of the 19th May, 2012: (Hugely undertracked).

1 God of War III PS3 2010 Action Sony Computer Entertainment 2.61 1.10 0.12 0.55 4.37

Sales as of the 26th May, 2012:  (Huge adjustment).

1 God of War III PS3 2010 Action Sony Computer Entertainment 2.61 1.60 0.17 0.58 4.95

Sales as of the 23rd June, 2012: (Hugely undertracked).

2 God of War III PS3 2010 Action Sony Computer Entertainment 2.62 1.10 0.12 0.56 4.39

Going by Vgchartz previous update, God of War III should now be at 4.97 million (Not including the Trilogy Edition which has sold 0.12m). One thing that I really don't understand is that even when the game was adjusted up the Japanese sales looked really wrong, it has shipped 0.42m copies in Japan as of the 30th May 2012 and has only sold 0.17m but it hardly sold anything in 2011 and hasn't sold a single copy in Japan this year, does that mean 0.25m copies are just sitting on the shelves and no one is buying them yet Sony are still shipping more copies there? It just doesn't make any sense.

Who's in charge of adjusting the numbers on this site anyway? I'd much rather contact them directly than make these whiny threads in an attempt to get the attention of someone who can fix the numbers, which is just a lost cause really as nothing came of it the last couple of times I made similar threads.

Around the Network

Screw that, I wanna add Journey and The Walking Dead: The Game!

NOOOOOOOOOOW!!!

Please ;)

Just for clarification, "sell in number", means 5.2 million shipped, right?

I am happy that GoW3 sold so well.

Slimebeast said:
Just for clarification, "sell in number", means 5.2 million shipped, right?

I am happy that GoW3 sold so well.

VGZ did adjust the numbers after Sony released shipment figures but because of error its now same as before.

While I'm absolutely delighted that GoW is selling so well, I don't really see a justification for this thread... many hardware and software products are over/undertracked, what makes GoW so special they need to get it special attention and hurry up with it?

If they've made a error they'll likely fix it in time, if they just don't care to... well then this thread is no good either.

Around the Network
Millenium said:

While I'm absolutely delighted that GoW is selling so well, I don't really see a justification for this thread... many hardware and software products are over/undertracked, what makes GoW so special they need to get it special attention and hurry up with it?

If they've made a error they'll likely fix it in time, if they just don't care to... well then this thread is no good either.

Well if he'd identified God of War 3 as in issue than it is defintley VGC's responsibility to at least give an explaination for this. You may also want to take a look at the God of War 3 wall it is filled with people complaining how its undertracked. That's what makes it special...

Not a big deal, lots of numbers are wrong. Don't lose sleep over it^_^

dsage01 said:
Millenium said:

Well if he'd identified God of War 3 as in issue than it is defintley VGC's responsibility to at least give an explaination for this. You may also want to take a look at the God of War 3 wall it is filled with people complaining how its undertracked. That's what makes it special...

So if a lot of people go on a wall and complain it's special? Well that's certainly a great measurement...

How often do you see VGC staff going in a complaints thread to offer a clarification? How long does it usually take to fix stuff?

Like I said, nothing special...

Really? You care this much about how much it seems that the game has sold? Isn't it good enough that you are aware of the game's actual success? The numbers will be adjusted, just be patient.

And it has only been two weeks... Good grief.

I would care if it was at say 2 million sales here but 5.2 million shipped. That's grossly erroneous. But >4 million sales and 5.2 million shipped, still puts VGC sales in the right ball park.

As a matter of crediblity VGC should adjust numbers when they have good information to support an adjustment, but for us the ball park is good enough as and indicator of relative success.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix