By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Black & White 2 bombed hard, only 1.6M in 2 days

Tagged games:

Comparing to Black & White, that did 2.6M in 2 days.

Sounds like Pokemon popularity is dying fast.

source

Enterbrain and Famitsu have provided a first week sales figure for Pokemon Black & White 2. The DS sold 1,618,621 in its first week of sales. As the game was released on a Saturday, the "first week" includes just two days.

Black & White 2 ended up with the third best start for the DS platform. It's also the first game to sell a million units this year, on any platform.

The fastest selling DS game is, of course, the original Black & White, which pushed 2,637,285 units in its first week in September 2010. That release also covered just two days.

Famitsu also shared life-to-date sales of the various platforms that are capable of playing Black & White 2. DS has now reached 32,855,241 units. 3DS has reached 6,288,334 units. Unlike the Black & White 2 figure, which includes through the 24th, the hardware figures are through the 17th.

Around the Network

Are you being sarcastic? These are sequels released for a console that has been dead for a year. 1.6m is great and surely not a sign of Pokemon popularity declining. Not everyone will buy a DS game in 2012 that could've easily been released for the 3DS. Wait for the 3DS Pokemon games before jumping to conclusions.

By the way, I predicted 1.5m first week. Hah!

Edit: Nevermind

not bad

Sold well, but the game deserves to sell like 1.6 million units in 3 months so they reinvent their same gaming model. I've been so disappointed in their inaction with the franchise. Different games are the same (story, character, etc..). I want a Pokemon Reboot. Yes, reboot. You can start by not naming the game from a color/shade. That is very annoying, and shows how stuck in the past they are. The only bad thing with that is, the story is way out-dated and the Pokemon design has gotten 10,000 times worse.

Anyways, include all Pokemon. Be creative with the main character, and situation to start his Pokemon collecting and journey to be a master. Sigh. Dunno about you guys, but I wish there was more to these Pokemon games after this much time passing. Yet they remain complaint with the same old mirror image of what they were in a different skin. And like I said before, that skin pains me when the Pokemon are far worse in design, name, and sensibility.

Around the Network

Was expecting over 2 Million.

Wonder what it wouldve done as a 3DS game.

lol, they should have just did pokemon gray like everyone wanted. Why change the formula now?

guys these numbers are good lol it is in theds a old gaming machine

I'm assuming it's sarcasm. But there a lot of individuals such as myself that won't be suckered into buying this game. Not until theres a price drop anyway.

You should compare BW2 with Pt,not BW.