By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Far Cry 3 Delayed To December

Tagged games:

Ubisoft announced it is delaying the release of Far Cry 3 a few months. The game now ships on November 29 in EMEA and on December 4 in the U.S.

“We’re taking more time to create the best possible gameplay experience,” said Dan Hay, producer at Ubisoft. “Far Cry 3 is a huge offering and we want every element of this insane, action-packed adventure to be of the highest possible quality for the players.”

Far Cry 3 was originally set for release on September 4 in the U.S for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC.

[Via: Justanotherrandomsite]

===========

Didn't see this posted yes, kind of a bummer. :/

Around the Network

Missing Black Friday in North America is not a good idea.

I really hope they leave something for September and October.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

They must have gotten into real troubles in development when they are pushing it so close to Christmas, really stretching that release date.

Perhaps they needed more time with the multiplayer that is made by an different studio within Ubisoft.

Pretty dissapointed about this, September was the perfect release date, I would have had time to actually play it and enjoy.

edit: never mind

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Any idea on if it was pushed back because of the Wii U as well? I think it is coming to the Wii U. Maybe they just wanted to make sure they positioned it well.

Judging from the negative comments lately stealth bashing the Wii U I think it's very unlikely they pushed back a traditional HD game such as Far Cry 3 just for the Wii U.

And about positioning well, that's actually what they didn't do by pushing it back. You definitely don't want to be the medium sized shooter and release right after all the big ones in a Holiday season.

spurgeonryan said:
Slimebeast said:
spurgeonryan said:
Any idea on if it was pushed back because of the Wii U as well? I think it is coming to the Wii U. Maybe they just wanted to make sure they positioned it well.

Judging from the negative comments lately stealth bashing the Wii U I think it's very unlikely they pushed back a traditional HD game such as Far Cry 3 just for the Wii U.

And about positioning well, that's actually what they didn't do by pushing it back. You definitely don't want to be the medium sized shooter and release right after all the big ones in a Holiday season.

Since you have said that I am guessing CoD and halo 4 are being released before this game. Since it is a medium sized shooter it does not want to be anywhere around those games either. Far Cry has been a fun series for me. I would probably buy it over CoD.

Yeah, both release in the weeks before it, along with Medal of Honor.

It's MoH Warfighter - Halo 4 - Black Ops 2 - Far Cry 3

Far Cry 3 would have favored from being released first as originally planned, instead of being last.

Slimebeast said:
spurgeonryan said:
Slimebeast said:
spurgeonryan said:

Since you have said that I am guessing CoD and halo 4 are being released before this game. Since it is a medium sized shooter it does not want to be anywhere around those games either. Far Cry has been a fun series for me. I would probably buy it over CoD.

Yeah, both release in the weeks before it, along with Medal of Honor.

It's MoH Warfighter - Halo 4 - Black Ops 2 - Far Cry 3

Far Cry 3 would have favored from being released first as originally planned, instead of being last.

MoH Warfighter -> Assassin's Creed 3 -> Halo 4 -> Black Ops 2 -> Far Cry 3 even I believe, definitely not a smart spot.