By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is it just me or 3DS is... Magicians's Quest announced! New Scans for Layton vs Ace Attorney! Toriko First Screens, it's a... RPG?

Tagged games:

How would you rate 3DS 2012 in Japan

Bad 14 3.28%

Meh 26 6.09%

Good 58 13.58%

Awesome 325 76.11%

Total:423

And before the killing it will rape, torture and sodomise!

[THIS is a sales thread]

Even without the luxury of piracy, 3DS is doing very well in japan so far this year - lots of big sellers first party exclusives (Kid Icarus, Mario Tennis, Fire Emblem, etc...) big third party exclusives (RE: Revelations, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Final Fantasy TR, Dragon Quest etc, etc...), nice price point,  special editions... it's been a crazy year so far [best seller Harvest Moon ever... what?]

But it all looks small when compared to what's ahead for 2012:

Let's see:

1 - 3DS XL - Released same day as 2D Mario and Brain Age 3. Going to be huge! [trollface]

2 - Speaking of Mario -  4 million seller + digital sales? This cover will shine, btw

3 - Brain Age 3 - Not going to be as sucessful as the first, but may do quite well

4 - Etrian Oddysey IV - 120k seller?

5 - Rune Factory 4- Judging by its brother success, this will sell nicely

6 - Bravely Default - I don't know about sales - hope it does extremely well - but quality is assured in this one

7 - Project X-Zone - another one that I think will perform quite nicely. Dat package!

8 - Animal Crossing Jump Out - One of the "all new" trinity. Going to sell extremely well

9 - Little Battlers Xtreme Another big seller from level 5

10 - Shin Megami Tensei - Soul Hackers, probably containing the teaser for SMT 4. Another great seller

11 - Lost Heroes - another game that'll perform well, imo

12 - Professor Layton Vs Ace Attorney - Still set on a 2012 release date. Going to be huge

13 - AKB248 - 340k sold on PSP last year. New game.

14 - EX-Troopers - Capcom's PS3/3DS crossover. Game is looking good, may surprise

15 - Pokemon Black 2 White 2 - With added 3DS apps - thing is going to sell, and help the 3DS a lot

16 - Inazuma Eleven Go 2 Chrono Stone - YET another great seller

17 - Taiko Drum master... YET ANOTHER great seller

18 - Paper Mario - yatta yatta yatta

19 - Luigi's Mansion - yawn, getting tired here

20 - Monster Hunter 4 Art Academy - 330k in japan alone. No MH, but may surprise a bit

Plus countless others... Time Travelers, Fantasy Life, Guild 02, Culdcept, Calciobit, Castlevania, Run for Money, Senran Kagura, Medabots, King of Pirates, AC Adapter... and more

PLUS! The evergreen sales power of Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Monster Hunter 3G, Nintendogs, Sonic and Mario (will boost in the olympics), Fire Emblem...

I don't think I've ever seen such a powerful line-up ever [for japan] in one year.

What do you think? Good, bad, awesome?

Comment!

Video footage for most of these and (plenty) more:

Around the Network

I feel like too much stuff is coming out this year- how can any year after this match 2012 for sales?

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

radishhead said:
I feel like too much stuff is coming out this year- how can any year after this match 2012 for sales?

It can't. This year is just that epic

I fear so. But, as others have said, how can something beat this year? Unless MH4, Animal Crossing and Layton crossover is held back, which is likely.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
I fear so. But, as others have said, how can something beat this year? Unless MH4, Animal Crossing and Layton crossover is held back, which is likely.

Layton is the only one that can be postponed - which is strange, since it's more or less a yearly series.

I don't think they woudl miss the holidays for MH, they're not that stupid.

Around the Network
VicViper said:
Conegamer said:

Layton is the only one that can be postponed - which is strange, since it's more or less a yearly series.

Yeah, but we've heard very little about MH4, so it could come out for Christmas 2013

Conegamer said:
VicViper said:
Conegamer said:

Yeah, but we've heard very little about MH4, so it could come out for Christmas 2013

Next week we'll know that. Remember the MH conference?

But even though the trailer looked pretty polished already, I guess you're right, can be a 2013 holiday game. Doubtful, but possible

VicViper said:
Conegamer said:
VicViper said:
Conegamer said:

Next week we'll know that. Remember the MH conference?

But even though the trailer looked pretty polished already, I guess you're right, can be a 2013 holiday game. Doubtful, but possible

Ah yes, I forgot about that!

The only reason I said that is because; do Nintendo want to release MH4 when the WiiU is launching? They'd be pretty much the same week.

Well, I'm not sure they can beat this year, but in the future they could release, a Zelda, a NEW pokemon game for the 3DS, Donkey Kong Country game, Super Smash Brothers, Kirby game, ect..

Nintendo really could just unleash a first party storm after 2012 if they wanted to

It will definitely do well, but I'm not sure how an XL 3DS will be a boon to the system in Japan. It pretty much goes against the "slimmer" model that has been successful since...forever.