Do you like 40k?

Yes, bought it when it fi... 6 18.75%

Got it with PS+ and loving it 13 40.63%

It's not bad 5 15.63%

Got it when it came out, wasn't too keen 0 0%

Got it for free with PS+.... 1 3.13%

Ain't played it 7 21.88%

Total:32

Anyone playing this? It came free with PS+. I picked it up not expecting anything and to my surprise...the game is amazing! At least a lot better than I expected. Anyone get it when it first came out or more accurately, with PS+?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

A much overlooked great action third person shooter. It really is nothing like your typical Gears or uncharted. Quite simply is filled with variety and fun and a great deal for many who have PS + who very likely missed it.

I'll be honest, I would have never given this game the time of day as I have an aversion to armour cladded space marines, but this one is actually good.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

I think the name holds it back more than helping it because even though I used to play briefly when younger, it is a game easily enjoyed by those who are not at all familiar with the strategy game the lore is based on.

Too tired to answer pezus so here is some gameplay to show why.

pezus said:

I downloaded through Plus, but haven't tried it out yet. What exactly is good about it? (I know next to nothing about this game). Is the story good? Gameplay? Graphics? Music? 

I'm usually a story gamer but because I know nothing about the 40k universe, I'm practically playing it on mute. I can't put my finger on why I'm enjoying it but I think it's the gameplay, it has a lot of variety. You get dripfed new abilities and weapons on a regular basis, the pacing I think is why it appeals to me so much. 

Around the Network

I wanted to buy the game for a long time so was unbelievably hapy when I got it for free on PS+ had about 3 hours of gameplay and it's brilliant

I like the pacing the weapons and tearing down hordes of orc's with chainswords and blaster gun

Great game

Funny you made a thread about that since I'm playing right now on Xbox.
It's a good game, but it definitely has its flaws.

It's basically like Gears of War without the ability to get to cover and with more melee focussed enemies.
The jetpack is awesome there, though you don't have access to it all the time (2 out of the first 8 chapters so far)

Things I don't like: It's too hard. Playing it on easy currently and already died quite a few times.
That is because the big orc enemies are too strong. They hit you once and it will drain all your shields and about 20-25% of your life. Meaning you get hit twice before your shield is up, you're dead.
That wouldn't be so bad if the character wasn't so stiff and slow. You can run away but as soon as you finished turning around, you'll likely get another hit.
Another huge flaw is that almost everything is blocking you. If you're in a tight spot and try to jump back you'll likely to get blocked by your 2 AI friends and you're probably going to die because of them.
Most enemies ignore them after a while and are instead focussing everything they have at you, which totally sucks.
Then there are rocket launcher enemies who can shot about 3 rockets at once and if you're unlucky you die in a second. Wouldn't be so bad if there was only one of them at a time, but usually about 4 or 5 at the same time.

In other words its a fun, if uninspiring (very linear and bland environments) game, but can also be a very frustrating one.
Oh and you're mostly smashing your way through the game or using pistols as they are far better than any sub machine gun so far.

Barozi said:

It's basically like Gears of War without the ability to get to cover and with more melee focussed enemies.
The jetpack is awesome there, though you don't have access to it all the time (2 out of the first 8 chapters so far)

Things I don't like: It's too hard. Playing it on easy currently and already died quite a few times.
That is because the big orc enemies are too strong. They hit you once and it will drain all your shields and about 20-25% of your life. Meaning you get hit twice before your shield is up, you're dead.
That wouldn't be so bad if the character wasn't so stiff and slow. You can run away but as soon as you finished turning around, you'll likely get another hit.
Another huge flaw is that almost everything is blocking you. If you're in a tight spot and try to jump back you'll likely to get blocked by your 2 AI friends and you're probably going to die because of them.
Most enemies ignore them after a while and are instead focussing everything they have at you, which totally sucks.
Then there are rocket launcher enemies who can shot about 3 rockets at once and if you're unlucky you die in a second. Wouldn't be so bad if there was only one of them at a time, but usually about 4 or 5 at the same time.

In other words its a fun, if uninspiring (very linear and bland environments) game, but can also be a very frustrating one.
Oh and you're mostly smashing your way through the game or using pistols as they are far better than any sub machine gun so far.

Yes, the arenas are too small for fights

But I disagree about the weapons, the Sub-machine gun is brilliant, if used correctly, the delayed rocket launcher packs a punch and the sniper rifle has its uses.

Played it when it came out. The gameplay is extremely repetitive and boring, but it has some highs sparsely spread throughout the game of just sheer badassery. The story of Warhammer 40k is the ONLY thing that managed to get me through the game. The game was also very easy even on the hardest setting, EXCEPT for the final boss encounter, that one was a bit of an undertaking, not going to lie.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Ajescent said:
Barozi said:

Yes, the arenas are too small for fights

But I disagree about the weapons, the Sub-machine gun is brilliant, if used correctly, the delayed rocket launcher packs a punch and the sniper rifle has its uses.

You're probably talking about another sniper rifle, but the pistol with the scope attachment is awesome. One-kill headshots and every other regular enemy is down with two shots (again on easy). Sub machine gun takes me a whole magazine for ~3 medium sized enemies.
The shotgun is pretty bad ass but extremely low on ammo. Only use the grenade launcher thing for taking out the bigger orcs, but even they take 5 hits and it's shoting so slowly that I usually don't give a fuck about that weapon.